Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

No Radio with Key in Accessory Position

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 08:22 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer112 is on a distinguished road
Default No Radio with Key in Accessory Position

Hello,

I have an 04 Blazer Zr2 which has undergone a mini-restoration using nothing but OEM parts. The following problem was evident prior to and after the work.

The radio will not function with the key in the accessory position or under the Reserve Accessory Power (RAP) system offered by the truck. I have tried the following without result:

all fuses/relays checked both in cab and under the hood
new GM OEM ignition switch
All other (required) items work with key in accessory position (windows, wipers)
RAP (reserve accessory power) functions perfectly for all other necessitated items except the radio.

My next step is to pull the radio and check what I assume is a unique wire used to power the radio under both “key in accessory position” or “RAP” circumstances which research shows to be dark green in color.

I have the feeling there is a fuse I am missing or a wire connector left unplugged that feeds the radio in these two circumstances directly from the battery. However, automotive wiring is tricky, to say the least, and I thought someone else may have suffered from this same issue so any help would be appreciated.

The radio only works while the vehicle is running.

thank you

Last edited by Blazer112; 12-15-2019 at 07:54 AM.