Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

NUS 3500, Command Start Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NUS 3500, Command Start Issue

Hello,
I have a Nu Start 3500 Remote starter installed in my Blazer and was working great until my battery died last week. Now the starter will not enter ready mode ( Needs to be put in because it is a Manual Tranny ). Does anybody have any ideas what would cause this? I have tried putting the system both in and out of Valet mode as well as reprogramming the remotes. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Here is the link to my starter.

NuStart.ca: Model NUS-3500 Remote Start

Thank you,

Old 01-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Beginning Member
Camaro1 is on a distinguished road

i know with my remote start when i first installed it i had to take it out of lockout mode. which was like as simple as tapping the brake and then pressing the button. if that doesnt work. start with checking the fuses to the module i know mine has like 4 fuses. and if that doesnt work call up that brand of remote starter they typically have a hotline and ask what is going on they can help you better then anyone else when it comes to that stuff. it is there product.

and if you really wanted to take a test light and see if your getting power to it in general. trace the power. its probably something as dumb as hell why its not working

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-16-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Well heres the stupid solution I stumbled upon....After tearing apart my dash to check the fuses I just became utterly frusterated and unhooked the battery for two hours....Hooked it back up and problem solved!... Im not sure what was wrong but I dont care at the moment...We are going through a -30 snap and I will really appreciate not having to run out and start my truck manually everytime!