Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Passkey / courtesy light issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Bmxxxtonyg is on a distinguished road

Ok back again. The courtesy light work now, it was the door latches. I tried the resistor bypass just to see. After doing that and the key relearn it started up s few times ok then went back to blinking Security and no start. Removed that ignition switch and put back in my new ac delco and did the relearn. Back to flashing, occasional no start like before. Should i try to pull the wheel and replace the ignition lock cylinder housing/ sensor? And if that fails to fix it whats left? I read somewhere my bcm could have cracked solder on the board somewhere, any thoughts on that?

Untill i i get this fixed somehow im stuck with a truck that only starts 25% of the time.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:33 PM
Beginning Member
Leighann is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bmxxxtonyg
Ok back again. The courtesy light work now, it was the door latches. I tried the resistor bypass just to see. After doing that and the key relearn it started up s few times ok then went back to blinking Security and no start. Removed that ignition switch and put back in my new ac delco and did the relearn. Back to flashing, occasional no start like before. Should i try to pull the wheel and replace the ignition lock cylinder housing/ sensor? And if that fails to fix it whats left? I read somewhere my bcm could have cracked solder on the board somewhere, any thoughts on that?

Untill i i get this fixed somehow im stuck with a truck that only starts 25% of the time.
hi I am stuck right where you were. Did you get it fixed?

Old 07-29-2022, 06:12 PM
Beginning Member
Leighann is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you Captain Hook

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
The ignition lock cylinder mechanically moves the ignition switch to the various positions. Neither one of those parts are "technically" part of the Passlock system.

The ignition lock cylinder fits into the ignition lock housing, which has a sensor for the key built in to it. If the sensor does not send correct, or complete data to the BCM, the BCM will not authorize the PCM to enable the fuel injectors. Dorman Products - 924-713

Thank you Captain Hook for this tidbit!
I was been gone but am ready to tackle this once again!