Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Random alarm/radio malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:21 AM
Ryandn is on a distinguished road
Default Random alarm/radio malfunction

Okay so a couple of things on my 04 chevy s10 blazer 4wd 4dr, the alarm randomly goes off even in the middle of the night when parked. All i need to do is hit the key fob and its off. Ive actually disconnected the horn at this point. Another weird accurance is at the same time the alarm tends to go off, the radio powers down when i shut the car off before opening the door. (Normally stays on until opening a door.) But it goes thru spurts, it was acting like this everyday for a couple weeks then suddenly stopped and everything functioned as it should for a good few weeks now its back at it again. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt but i kno when i turn the car off if the radio shutss off automatically its coming. Any ideas? The only short i can come up with is the rear taillight has a corroded bulb socket, i cleaned it out, installed bulb oil, but ive noticed sometimes its off and sometimes its on. Could that be the problem?

Old 01-14-2017, 03:37 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

There are switches in the doors that tell the Body Control Module when they're open or closed. The BCM controls the Retained Accessory Power circuit as well as the alarm system. A faulty door switch telling the BCM that a door is open when its not could cause both problems. Search the forum for testing door switches. The corroded tail light socket sounds like it's been exposed to moisture. I don't see how it could cause the problems unless there's damage to the wiring harness somewhere.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Ryandn is on a distinguished road

Thank you, i thought of that myself i may just replace those seeing as there only about $10 a pc. Just to update, i did replace the bulb socket in the taillight and nothing has change. I also have the abs & park brake lights come on & of with no pattern as to why. Ive replaced the front wheel bearings/speed sensors so the only other reason may be because it needs rear axle bearings/seals, but with all the other funky electrical issues im starting to beleive may there is a short in the circuit board of the abs control module. May or may not be related but i will replace the door jamn sensors & let you kno if that helps. Again, thank you.