Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

S10 Blazer tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Amp
Amp is on a distinguished road

I want a "rectangle" style LED light, not a bulb. Like the bar that he made in yellow, just in red instead.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Starting Member
96jimmyslt4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Amp
I want a "rectangle" style LED light, not a bulb. Like the bar that he made in yellow, just in red instead.
Yeah, usually those are complete "assemblies" (housings with LED's custom built)

LED panels are pretty easy to make IIRC

Old 03-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 96jimmyslt4x4
Have you guys seen the LED's they have now?

They have them with 50 to a unit.

I'm sure you can find something that will be good for just simply replacing the stock bulb, if it can fit.

later i will post a picture of some of these bulbs in action. these are the ones i like, full 360 lighting and some of them even come with built in load resistors!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by BlazinClinton
later i will post a picture of some of these bulbs in action. these are the ones i like, full 360 lighting and some of them even come with built in load resistors!
I was looking on superbrightled's website and apparently the single LED bulbs are more wattage (5 or so) and are brighter than the standard bulbs.

but I'm more concerned about visibility as well as saving energy

Old 03-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Starting Member

i extremely underexposed these pictures just to show off the bulb itself

BONUS:
what is this bulb mounted in? (make n model, generation for super bonus points!) ok i have no authority to give or grant points in the real world, but you can have CLINTON points! which are only good in clintland.... ummm ya good luck! lol

Edit:
these bulbs have 60(SIXTY) diodes per bulb.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Starting Member

i extremely underexposed these pictures just to show off the bulb itself

BONUS:
what is this bulb mounted in? (make n model, generation for super bonus points!) ok i have no authority to give or grant points in the real world, but you can have CLINTON points! which are only good in clintland.... ummm ya good luck! lol

Edit:
these bulbs have 60(SIXTY) diodes per bulb.
How the hell are we supposed to guess a vehicle by it's headlight innards? lol

Do you have any pictures of them in the day time/night time with normal settings?

I was thinking about getting some of these, but wasn't too sure about how to go about doing it and the difference between these and the other lights.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Starting Member

ur supposed to know ur GM vehicles (thats a clue i guess) i only have the shots i take in the shop so far from the stuff i install, i see it outside and even in the day time these LEDs look awesome! these are white lights mounted in a crystal lens (as apposed to an amber one -another clue? to an aftermarket light!) haha im just shopping around right now for some euro lenses without the fog light section (they all have one HUGE signal portion and no room for fog) and im gonna put a set in the front of my truck, but im opting for the dual coloured ones. white on park lights, amber on signal! sweeeeet.

for these ive been getting all mine from Putco, or PIAA. though i do know a couple other places to get them! -the warranty room lol well for me.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

BONUS:
what is this bulb mounted in? (make n model, generation for super bonus points!)
I want to say the previous gen (2004 style) Silverado DRL location...

Old 03-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Starting Member

Got any pics of the front of your vehicle?

Fog lights are supposed to go on the bottom where the hooks are, or at least that's where I would put them so they are lower to the ground.

I also looked and saw they made housings with a spot specifically for the fog lights, but I would still rather have them separate

Old 03-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Starting Member

my fogs are factory equipped beside the turn signal, under my high beam (drl) light.
and "swartllk" you are SOOO close it isnt even funny (depending on your definition of DRL) this is the turn signal/park light on an 03 Silverado!

Quick Reply: S10 Blazer tail lights