Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

S10 Blazer tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I almost said turn/park, but it looked like the inner lens which is where the DRL is.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I almost said turn/park, but it looked like the inner lens which is where the DRL is.
isnt the DRL on the high beam like all the other trucks? -mine included

Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No, it is the inner lens on the bottom. My Tahoe is the same setup as is pretty much all of the fullsize trucks in that year range.
DRL (I have 3157NA bulbs in my DRL sockets):

Low Beam:

Whoops, looks like we have hijacked the thread... LOL

Old 03-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Starting Member

weird, that is not a drl where i come from, drls are always on a headlight bulb, making a 3157 not appropriate for this use.

every truck i work on for HID kits i have to either disable the DRLs -if a person is to cheap for the other option, Anti Flicker Modules and or a dodge install kit.

ill take some pictures, but most of the time DRL (day time running lights, so we on the same page) are a lower voltage sent to the high beams. and i dont think ive ever seen a truck setup like yours. lol where r u from?
oops on the hijack, and i just looked lower, ur from newyork! lol

Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Maybe Canada is different, but down here, the DRL lights on that gen fullsize platform are in the location as seen on my truck.

All of the s-series trucks use the headlight bulbs; either the high beam in a parallel circuit or normal low beam as found in the ZR2.

I can say one thing for sure, having those 3157NA bulbs in there is definitely eye catching!

Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Amp
Amp is on a distinguished road

Don't worry about the thread jack, I have the info I needed haha and yeah I'm used to all the DRL's down near the turn signal, and I was also going to say that body style truck for my guess haha

Old 03-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Starting Member

lol beat ya to it eh?

now i wanna know how many blazers had fog lights up in the signal light area, seems to be such a small spot for them.