Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anti-virus live virus

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anti-virus live virus

Hey guys im wondering if any of you have recived this wonderful virus and if so how did you get rid of it?? Im desperate here....

Old 12-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

check this out; http://www.softsailor.com/how-to/135...#axzz0ZXtJU8XK

its pretty involved, but worth it. If you have a legit copy of windows download Windows Defender from microsoft AFTER you get this virus cleared up...this virus eliminates any possibility of visiting security websites or windows/Microsoft websites

Old 12-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Beginning Member
B5Bee is on a distinguished road

I got something similar to this after the wife was goofing around on FaceBook. It was called SecurityTool. This one blew right past my firewall, AVG AntiVirus, Ad-Aware, and SpyBot's TSR protection programs.

Basically, it wouldn't let me do anything except interact with IT. I couldn't run any other programs. If I tried, SecurityTool popped up error messages saying that program was infected. It claimed that all my regular system files were viruses or were infected. It killed my desktop, all the icons were wiped off. I had nothing but a blank gray screen, the bottom tool bar, and the SecurityTool dialog interface box. Two or three reboots produced no change. I even tried rebooting in Safe-Mode.

Be careful not to click anything on that program except "Continue Unprotected, no matter what it tries to tell you.

I eventually found that I could stop the program from running by starting TaskManager from the RUN command or right-clicking the Task Bar at the lower right. TaskMgr started a small icon in the Task Bar, but the Malware covered it as Always On Top, so I couldn't get to it. I eventually figured out I could right click the icon and maximize TaskMgr and use it allong the side edges. I was able to select the running program from the Task list and hit End Process.

Once SecurityTool stopped running, I ran a freeware program called "Malwarebytes AntiMalware". That killed nearly all of it. This thing kicks butt for a free program. I highly recommend it:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

There was a folder the virus created that I had to manually delete located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data... It was named using a six digit number instead of a name. I got rid of that using a tool included in AntiMalware called FileASSASIN that will kill any file even if it's still running or gives you 'access denied' error messages when you try to delete it conventionally.

Good luck.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:31 AM
ve3nsv is on a distinguished road

I went through the same process as B5Bee to remove the Win2008 Anti-virus spoof on one of my relatives computer 2000kms away over a VNC connection. It was quite the P.I.T.A. to try and work around with all the pop ups but I was finally able to kill it and remove it forever.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

I had to remove this same bull from a PC at work...very much so of a PITA, and yes it came from facebook... it can come from anywhere, but social networking sites are the latest fun time targets for such maliciousness

Old 12-13-2009, 11:39 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I hate to be a downer... but I have a mac... no viruses... lol

Old 12-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

I think I fought this virus once. And the solution was a clean format.