Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

car help..need opinions and advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road
Default car help..need opinions and advice

Ok as some of you know i have been wrestling with the idea of getting a car again as im a car guy at heart, and idk after driving the bravada for like a yr or so im wanting a car again,so i can really get out on the highway and have some fun or take corners at 65-70 again(ah the good ol days of having a cav lol) and just over all have a car again,and get better than 16mpgs at best lol

now honestly im a car buying novice(been lucky enough to have had 2 of my last three cars bought for me by parents,Yay for competing separated parents lol) and i bought my last car but think i overpayed a bit..so does the below car and price seem fair asking price for that car or if i like it what woulds be a good bargaining price?

well driven round the other day i found a 94 Pontiac Grand prix GTP that i kinda like..it has a 3.4L DOHC V6(ik nothing bout this motor,so any input there would be awsome),118k miles,the GT/GTP bodykit,leather interior,sunroof,power options and what im guessing is a alpine cd changer on the factory deck..and there asking price is $2495.00

pix

so what you guys think..worth it?

Old 03-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

First thing I'd ask is why the hood doesn't seem to sit right. Big gap at front. Accident or did omeone have it off for maintenance? Maybe it's just the way it came out in your pix. Nice steam clean job on the engine compart,ent.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It looks straight, but may just be the bumpers on the corners of the hood... Looking at the side shot though, it looks as though the nose is what is misaligned since there is a gap where it meets the fender as well.

Those 3.4L DOHC engines can be somewhat problematic with their intake manifold gaskets so pull the oil fill cap and check for signs of sludge.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:40 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Seems to be a lot of money for a 94 to me...

Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
It looks straight, but may just be the bumpers on the corners of the hood... Looking at the side shot though, it looks as though the nose is what is misaligned since there is a gap where it meets the fender as well.

Those 3.4L DOHC engines can be somewhat problematic with their intake manifold gaskets so pull the oil fill cap and check for signs of sludge.
that gap i think ur referring too is were the extended plastic wheel arches are supposed to be attached..there gone which does make me think it was in some kinda front end incident..and i've heard recently that the 3.4 dohc motors were problematic..so idk bout this car,it was just a consideration among a few i have found and yeah sisk i kinda thought that too..though according to kbb.com its worth like $2675.00 retail..though that was execlilent condition,and that this car is not.

Last edited by 97Bravada; 03-01-2010 at 10:48 AM.