The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dodge Fails Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
cooper232 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
yeah, you do.

like what have you got done to the SRT4 that you feel driving a Blazer is better on your wallet?

not bashin' on either of your rides, but unles you dumped a 440 in your SRT, it's gotta get better fuel mileage compared to the Blazer.
my srt

12 wheel bearings
3 axles
2 motors
2 spindles
bushings
fuel pump
coilpack
3 turbos
2 exhaust manifolds
brakes about once a year

mods as of now
(performance)

worked head
ported and clipped turbo
ported intake and exhaust manifolds
ported throttle body and spacer
return fuel line setup with 750 injectors
3" turbo back
balance shaft delete
mopar performance clutch
kinetic wastegate actuator
msd coilpack and wires
champion 570 coppers @ .036
k&n drop in filter
drilled and slotted rotors
goldline springs
tokico struts
pt cruiser sway bars (a little thicker)
~300hp/~360ft/lbs

gets about 15city and 20highway

the blazer is getting around 20 overall and its mostly stock....

hoping to do the fuel injector upgrade and new upper and lower gaskets on the intake manifold and get a little better gas mileage.

after you factor in all the parts i am constantly replacing the blazer is WAAAAAAAAY easier on the wallet.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Phil
Just thought I'd point something out, not trying to be a jerk or anything or necessarily be a fan-boy so to speak. Anywho. You do realize its an 11 year old truck right? Wires went bad after 11 years? Could've been much worse repairs and for the wires to make it 11 years is pretty good. Has he looked for WHY the truck uses a lot of coolant? Initial guess is theres a leak, which probably wouldn't be that hard to fix. And you live in MI, where I'm sure the roads get salted in winter, which I guess runs roughly 5-6 months out of the year for you guys. Again, 11 years of salty roads and the bumper is rusting? A vehicle will run just fine with a rusty bumper. And horses do drink water btw.
well i was comparing it to my dads truck, which is the same age and zero problems currently. my dads never changed the stock plugs on his or wires. now his truck is rusted from all the salt, yes but the body still looks decent. we're thinking either my buddy has a head gasket, intake manifold gasket, or worst possible cracked block. not sure whats to common on the dodges not a big fan of them so i don't follow them to closely. on his bumper it was black and now its purely brown. so its quite a bit of rust+its been painted once. not sure how well, but i'll probably have to help him when he redoes it. and the analogy....about once a week we fill his coolant up about half a gallon to a gallon.

**this is like the worlds biggest hijack in the history of forums lmao

Old 03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Some body PLEASE find this kid an F150!!! PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!
haha, anything to get rid of me.
nah, you could stay. it'd probably shut you up on the "Wish i had a F-something to compare my Blazer to" speal we keep hearing.

and FYI, my '95 Buick Reagal has over 275K kms (171K miles) on it-never had the engine/trans replaced/repaired. and the only thing it's ever had done to the suspension was the front struts. original bj's & tie rods.

oh yeah, i replaced the pressure side power steering line 'cause it was "sweating" fluid a little.

and all the work i just mentioned was only done in the last 8 to 9000 kms.

purr's like a kitten, flies like a Cheetah.

a friend has a '93 SC Park Avenue, has over 402K kms (250K miles) and other than the bearings in the SC needing replaced, it too runs like a champ (and passed it bi-anual etest in January with flying colours).

Originally Posted by cooper232

the blazer is getting around 20 overall and its mostly stock....

ok, you can shut up now.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can say this...first I LOVE MY JIMMY and dangit...I'll replace it with another Jimmy or Blazer when need be...but by FAR the best vehicle I have ever owned....1976 Ford F-150 6cyl......it either ran or it didn't and when it didn't it was OBVIOUS as to what it was..when something broke it was EASY to fix...if it was the engine...HECK crawl up into the engine compartment and start working...changed stuff from carbs to rear end all on my own....now for the 97 Jimmy...LOL...I'm scared to open the hood and It surely isn't easy to work on...course that is for ANY vehicle now days...just too many wires and computer crap....conversely...the WORST vehicle...1986 Dodge Ram with a slant 6...wanted to hook the trailer up to it, back it down a salt water marine ramp and let it go!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:05 AM
branswiss3 is on a distinguished road

my dad has a 3/4 ton dodge its awesome it just has a programmer and its got more power than u can hardly get to the ground the diesel never fails i will say the trans isnt perfect tho

Old 03-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

heres some proof that dodge can take a good beating and keep on going with out problems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pttOddcJxMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf2KGpzn5tM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ2y4E-bASQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pASLJKeikRU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLd6yKIe8Hw

Last edited by RolingKCBlazer; 03-20-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

[quote=RolingKCBlazer;313990]heres some proof that dodge can take a good beating and keep on going with out problems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pttOddcJxMI

that just proved that a ford will run laps around a dodge.
-no idea why its randomly underlining

Old 03-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I still like the one that ISN'T smoking like a ***** for the first 45 seconds of the video.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:40 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

you do realinze that guy in the Ram doesn't have the best tires for mud, you blue oval luvin'................

if you watch all the vid's, it seems like he's always spinning more than the other guys.

i was waiting for one of those 1st gen's to get swallowed up by that strip of marsh in the last vid.