The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Does your girlfriend/wife ever give you crap about our dirty greasy mechanic hands?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

im not allowed to touch the wife until my hands and nails are clean. (cant keep my hands off her anyhow). so i wear gloves now cause im sick of always scrubbing my hands, plus i cant touch anything automotive without cutting myself, so they save me from that too.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

i always wear gloves... more or less to keep from cutting my hands. i buy those cheepo black cloth ones with like the rubber on the front at harbor freight. use them for a few days til you get so much oil or grease on them it starts soaking through then throw them out. they work great cause they are thin, those thick mechanic gloves always pissed me off cause they are so thick and end up having to take them off every other time you are working on something

Old 04-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road

I was up late one night working on my old acura, and drove to the girlfriends house to sleep without getting a shower beforehand.

Opened up her front door, not a single light on, and I didn't turn any on because I knew how to get through the house. Anyway, I was walking upstairs to her room and her dog was laying right on the stairs in pure dark, I almost tripped but saved myself by catching the wall.

Let's just say ever since the next morning, I gotta get showers before I get there, and after I get there. The wall looked like there were children with finger paint touching it.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
spittybays

This is Gods gift to domestic bliss. You rub your hands and forarms with it before you start. It drys in about a min. Then when you wash up every thing comes of even under nails.Amazon.com: BlueMagic 5216 Invisible Glove Hand Coating - 18 oz. Tub: Automotive

Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me thinks your GFs have it all wrong. If my bf has dirty hands, that means that he's fixed something on my blazer that I either didn't want to or didn't know how to. I'm so appreciative that I could care less about his hands.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Wow, talk about a sausage fest of comments!! You boys are so silly! I married a diesel mechanic....sooooo let me tell you about diesel grease...it's way worse than automotive grease. Like someone else said, I don't mind the greasy fingernails and hands...I think it's manly sexy..but, it's the FINGERPRINTS and smears!!!! Drives me crazy!! He can't navigate the house without touching absolutely EVERYTHING!!! The doors, light switches, refrigerator handles, door jams, side of doors, walls by light switches. I don't even know how he manages to touch some things! What I hate the most??? Going to walk outside, grabbing the door handle and getting a handful of grease!

But then again, some times I'm the one leaving greasy fingerprints!!

(I also love never having to pay $600-$1,000 for vehicle repairs every time the car makes a funny noise!!)

Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Karin!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

BEst thing I found to clean my greasy hands is Dawn dish soap. Dawn is specifically designed to cut through grease, and it leaves your hands without the dish pan hand feel.

I've tried all the other shop soaps, from pumice to orange peels. Dawn still works the best, and the best part, we always have it in the kitchen. Both updtairs and the basement. Yea, I have a kitchen in the basement. I use it for brewing beer. The wife uses the second stove for family holiday cooking.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Yea i found dish soap to work good too

Old 05-01-2012, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Welcome back Karin!
Hey, I had to break up the sausage party!! Sheesh! Too many boys around here!!

And yes, Dawn is the best....However, I have no freaking clue what they put in those Mr. Clean Magic erasers, but wow, nothing gets rid of grease better than those!!

Quick Reply: Does your girlfriend/wife ever give you crap about our dirty greasy mechanic hands?