The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Don't Use PayPal

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 AM
nktidwel is on a distinguished road

I am fully verified. Every transaction has been good. I transferred $2,500 from my bank account Feb 22, used the account to make a purchase for $40.70 to LMC for a rear tailgate window cable (using the card) on March 1, and received $0.04 dividends on March 1. March 10, I received an email saying that my account is limited. Currently there is $2,459.34 that I can't touch. Yes this is after logging in to paypal directly, I also cannot use my card at ATM machines, or even buy gas. I usually use it to make purchases I have had this account for YEARS, this is the first issue I have had, and it will be the last.

PS.. The "card" is a PayPal Business Debit Card. I am the only one with access to the card or the account.

Last edited by nktidwel; 03-14-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Beginning Member
KustomZ03 is on a distinguished road

There has to be a reason why they did it. Did you call and ask them? It could just be something a simple phone call will fix.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:49 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is just crazy, I would be pissed if they froze my account with that kind of money in there. I personally have never had a problem with them or ebay. I think I would be calling them for sure and trying to figure the situation out. There is no reason they should have even let you deposoit the money in the first place if they were going to freeze it and tell you that you werent authorized for that much money in your account or whatever they are saying.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:06 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

The fact that they require court documents to give you further information is obsurd. They should be able to at least give you a reason for the account being frozen. I dont carry a balance in paypal, when i make a purchase it will just automatically debit my bank account.

.04 cents in dividends, this is a monthly thing with paypal? pretty low interest rate but better than most savings accounts. did not know you would get that from paypal

Old 03-14-2011, 01:21 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yeah I would beware of a scam of some sort. They dont need to email you that kind of information, and theres no way that you would need a court document to get info on your own account... It sounds fishy and I wonder if there is more to this story that you are telling us.

I think paypal is OK, Ive only used it twice, and the money comes from my chequing account, I dont carry a balance with paypal. Ive had more trouble with VISA than anything else, and its pretty easy most times to straighten out.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Called them a few times, sent an email to their CEO, Scott Thompson, threatened legal action. Guess what, my account isn't limited.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:02 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by abig84
im always paranoid about stuff like this. i never have any more then 200 in the paypal at a time. i put money in it as i use it
Originally Posted by Benedict1337
yea I never have money in my paypal, if i buy something on paypal it just takes out of my checking, and I always deposit any profits of paypal in my checking. I use my checking account a lot more than paypal so it makes sense
Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
I've never had a single problem with paypal but I never leave any money in it I add money as I go and remove it every time I sell something.

like you guys, i never have any balance in my PayPal account.

'cept now i'm kinda screwed with the little payments a few members are gonna be making regarding the calendars. just noticed if the transfer to my bank account is less than $150 (US) there is another fee for that transfer. oh well........time to finally make that Summitt purchase.

ony thing i've never liked about them is their GD freakin' fees!

hell, i'm surprised they don't charge you a fee t talk to them on the phone!

oh wait! they don't have a "800" number, so i guess you're getting a "fee" charged to you anyways (long distance charges).

Originally Posted by nktidwel
Called them a few times, sent an email to their CEO, Scott Thompson, threatened legal action. Guess what, my account isn't limited.
so does this mean everything is all straightened out now?

Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 AM

Right now it is. While I was moving, they suspended again it until I called them. They thought buying gas to fill (31 Gallon tank) the blazer every few hours in different states was fraudulent. BTW gas mileage avg 9.19mpg hwy...

Old 03-24-2011, 02:44 AM
TNatus23 is on a distinguished road

Then it Being Over a Grand Could Increase the LikelyHood of Conflict in My Mind Too .. . .