Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

hand gun question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
well upstate ny you can buy shotguns or rifles in 15 20 mins but not handguns

we need permits for hand guns witch my parents have

in the city you need a permit to have any type of firearms in your household and also the triggers need to be locked and the ammunition has to be far from the firearms
hence why ny sux haha..they go wayyy overboard with their regulation on things,and im a native freakin NYer

Old 08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

haha i dont mind i mean there could be some crazy people here who knows someone could buy a gun then start killing people =X

Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

i had to get a permit to carry a pistol but i can buy and have any guns and if the manufacture date is pre brady bill i can have fully auto[pre-ban]it took about 1 month to get my gun permit now i can carry anywhere but government buildings schools airports and bars but from what i understand texas has the most relaxed laws about firearms however a do think the laws have to be in place you dont want them crazies havin concealable weapons lmao

Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Starting Member

eh..im just of the opinion that i wanna live at in a state were i dont gotta jump thru hoops to even own a gun..i mean i enjoy my target shootin and waitin months to be able to even have the gun..f that lol

Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

i feel ya man i love to shoot and hunt i have to wait 10 days to buy a gun but my wife can walk in fill out the paper they call it in and she leaves with it lol the fbi said i should get a unique persons number and then it wont happen anymore they said somebody shares the same name or has a alias or ss# close to mine even though i have a permit to carry concealed weapon i still have to wait crazy huh

Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by zr2dan
i feel ya man i love to shoot and hunt i have to wait 10 days to buy a gun but my wife can walk in fill out the paper they call it in and she leaves with it lol the fbi said i should get a unique persons number and then it wont happen anymore they said somebody shares the same name or has a alias or ss# close to mine even though i have a permit to carry concealed weapon i still have to wait crazy huh
haha thats ****ed up dude..

Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
well upstate ny you can buy shotguns or rifles in 15 20 mins but not handguns

we need permits for hand guns witch my parents have

in the city you need a permit to have any type of firearms in your household and also the triggers need to be locked and the ammunition has to be far from the firearms
Giovanni - Do you have sources for your information? Mainly what I bolded. Sounds like typical anti-gun/misinformed "facts" to me. How far is far enough for the ammo to be from the gun?

Generally we as Americans have fallen into the trap that has been set for us that guns are bad and only the police should have them.

I would say 85% of the people in PA don't realize that you can carry a firearm in plain sight (open carry) as long as you can legally own a firearm. Exceptions are schools and federal buildings (courthouses and post offices, etc.)

That being said, I would rather live/own a gun in PA than NY due to the stringent gun laws in NY.

OP be sure to do all your own research so you know exactly what to do. From my cursory research it appears you have to add the handgun to your NY permit and register it complete with a ballistic test-though I'm not sure if it's required for used guns or all guns after March 2001. See why it's important to do your own research? Lol

Old 08-04-2011, 07:00 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
How far is far enough for the ammo to be from the gun?
I know some states require that when transporting, the firearm and ammo must be in separate containers like, glovebox/passenger-cabin/trunk or as far apart as possible within the vehicle. Perhaps it's a similar statute in NY for homes.

Also, for anyone interested, here is a good site for researching various laws.
Handgunlaw.us

It's focused on handguns but in most states it lists all gun laws. The guy that runs that site is active on several, major firearm forums and is constantly updating it. There are also links on the site to state legislative websites where one can verify the data. Always best to double check for yourself so you don't wind up accidentally committing some sort of major crime like LowLife experienced.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:33 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

im pretty sure here in florida we have the 3 step rule but im not sure

Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
I know some states require that when transporting, the firearm and ammo must be in separate containers like, glovebox/passenger-cabin/trunk or as far apart as possible within the vehicle. Perhaps it's a similar statute in NY for homes.

Also, for anyone interested, here is a good site for researching various laws.
Handgunlaw.us

It's focused on handguns but in most states it lists all gun laws. The guy that runs that site is active on several, major firearm forums and is constantly updating it. There are also links on the site to state legislative websites where one can verify the data. Always best to double check for yourself so you don't wind up accidentally committing some sort of major crime like LowLife experienced.

you aint kidding man, The judge didnt even understand why i was arrested or anything he basically told the rookie cop in court" if you ever make a mistake this bad again i will have your badge" Getting arrested for having your registered gun in the trunk in the process ofcoming home from a pistol range is crazy....never been arrested in my life before that, have owned many guns and have never had a problem like that. Hopefully never again

Quick Reply: hand gun question