Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

have a great Simcoe Day long weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 05:49 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Talking have a great Simcoe Day long weekend!

well folks, i just wanted to wish all of my fellow Canadian's-except those in Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador or the Yukon (do we even have any member's in the Yukon yet???) to have a great Simcoe Day long weekend.

for those South of the 49th that don't know (or even the Canadian's that don't), it's named after Lord John Graves Simcoe, our first Lieutenant-Governor of Upper Canada.

intersting side note, how many people in Ontario (or the rest of Canada for that matter) knew that the townships of West Gwillimbury and East Gwillimbury, were named after his wife, Elizabeth Posthuma Gwillim. since this is my back yard (practically), i thought i'd just share a little bit of interesting history with ya.

have a good one all, i'm off to put in a few hours @ work, and by 1 o'clock this afternoon, i hope to be hitting the road up North.

actually, more ENE to be exact.

l8er.