Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How Blazers stand up in a crash!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Red Horse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How Blazers stand up in a crash!

ORIGINAL: Psychropod

Red,

Thanks for the points! I do feel a little safer now, knowing that both my wife and I drive S-trucks...

BTW, my sister-in-law is an EMT, and my sister is an ER nurse. I always listen very intently when they tell me about what they come across in their jobs. You guys have all respect from me.
I wish the folks up at the top of the EMS ladder thought we were valuable, do you realize that cops and firemen have a $100.000,00 death benifit when killed in the line of duty and Emts do not, we are not even classified as a profession not too mention we are over seen by D.O.T what does the Department of transportation know about EMS (Emergency medical services)?

But it is the thanks that we get from our patients who we later see in the line at the supermarket or some where out in public who come up and thank us for saving their life or the life of a loved one, these kind words make it all worth the risks.

When my Blazer arrives in the next few weeks it will be outfitted with life saving gear for when I run into the many accidents while I'm off duty up here in snow country.

Another thing that burns me is the fact that if we stop and help someone on our way into work we get docked pay for not being in our ambulance, what a great system, and they wonder why we can't find good help.

Things will have too change when they no longer have people signing up too train their brains out too become Emts, ours is a dying vocation my friends.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

well, when they revert back to the true "meat wagon" style of ambulance services,and mortality soars; maybe they will appreciate EMTs more.
Here in Kuwait... the ambulance personel are also the hospital janitors.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:32 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Up here in oil patch country, we've got a lot of bandaid/ems services... And the all have at least one 4 door Blazer on staff

Two or three of them are the '95 era, and there's even a 1st gen!

As for airbags... How do they affect people with glasses?
I don't really want to go blind if mine ever goes off...

Old 01-08-2009, 03:47 AM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

*eye roll* oh my gosh...what the heck planet do you live on?? Seriously? I'm done....nothing nice to say...

Old 01-08-2009, 05:07 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Umm... Sorry for not wanting my glasses shoved against my eyes?
My bad for not wanting my vision to get any worse

I haven't heard of any crash testing done with dummies wearing glasses, lol.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Dennis, Karin was replying to Red Horse, not you.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

yeah sorry about that...I should have been more speciffic..I wear glasses too..

Old 01-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Karin ->>>>>>> I didn`t get the impression that Red was attacking anybody personally. Sounded to me like he was just venting about the politics of his job situation.

Dennis ->>>>>> Same here in Baltimore. The cops have a fleet of Blazers, and so do a bunch of fire stations.

That kind of reminds me of this one show I saw on TruTV, in which some cops were chasing bad guys. When the crooks peeled off the road, the Blazer cop took the lead in the chase, then when the crooks went back on the road, the Blazer dropped back and let the Crown Vic cops get in front. Someone commented during the clip about how the Blazer was great at getting people off-road, but then it was slow on the road. It irritated me a little, because the car they were chasing wasn`t very fast either, which made me think to myself that if they had just tweaked their Blazers a little, it could have caught him.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
BF Veteran

Kyle, Karen, my bad!

But I'd still like to know! Maybe people with glasses don't crash as much, lol.

That kind of reminds me of this one show I saw on TruTV, in which some cops were chasing bad guys. When the crooks peeled off the road, the Blazer cop took the lead in the chase, then when the crooks went back on the road, the Blazer dropped back and let the Crown Vic cops get in front. Someone commented during the clip about how the Blazer was great at getting people off-road, but then it was slow on the road. It irritated me a little, because the car they were chasing wasn`t very fast either, which made me think to myself that if they had just tweaked their Blazers a little, it could have caught him.
I think that might be a physics thing, too... Turning when going fast in a Blazer isn't the best idea
Then again, the Blazer is heavy.
My 2 door currently weighs in at 4400lbs... with 1/2 a tank of gas in it.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Karin ->>>>>>> I didn`t get the impression that Red was attacking anybody personally. Sounded to me like he was just venting about the politics of his job situation.

Dennis ->>>>>> Same here in Baltimore. The cops have a fleet of Blazers, and so do a bunch of fire stations.

When I got my Blazer I had it parked outside the factory in the street. When I went out the guys had stuck big FBI letters down the sides of my truck. LOL

Quick Reply: How Blazers stand up in a crash!