Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How has your blazer injured you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:45 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How has your blazer injured you?

Figured I'd start an off topic discussion for once. This one pertaining to injuries acquired while working on your blazer, some funny, some not so much. So if you have a story about how your blazer hurt you while spoiling it with modifications, feel free to post it up here.

I myself have had numerous small mishaps while working on my blazer. The last one was a hell of a knuckle buster! I managed this one while working on my K5 blazer. The goal was to take the carpet out, seats, center console and the inside spare tire carrier out to herculine the floor. I got everything out that I wanted but ran into trouble with the tire carrier. Underneath there had been a bolt and the nut was rusted on. So taking a wrench, I pried and pried from the bottom. I felt some movement, so I put a bit more effort thinking I was breaking the rust. Little did I know the wrench slipped off causing me to slam my knuckles into the frame rail. It sure hurt like hell but I was able to eventually shake it off. I ended up just cutting the bolt off with a grinder, but I did get the interior herculined the next day, it just costed me my knuckles. Haha

Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

So far, touch wood, my Blazer has only hurt my wallet! LOL Good topic though. I see stories of truck falling off jacks etc. etc. LOL

Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Same here, wallet and a few cuts/nicks here and there

Old 01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

small nicks and scratches, bangs, bumps, bruises and burns that come from DIY maint...

has punished my wallet though. Like ICU style beating...

Old 01-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Beginning Member
Becca is on a distinguished road

So far, just my purse, bruises, and a sliced thumb when we were doing the heater core swap. When I work on a car, or even help someone else work on one, it's inevitable that I'll get cut on something. lol

Old 01-17-2010, 12:54 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Well while working on removing the old banged up radiator support we broke a gear wrench.... things work great until you break em.. lol...

Also killed my wallet, after ordering the parts and looking at the bill... I am thinking that I could have bought a nice lift and tires... lol....

Also my blazer killed a deer, in one shot... deer got MESSED UP!

No matter how much blood, sweat, tears, or coin she takes from me, it will not be forced to leave.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Cuts and minor bloody knuckles. Worst of all though are the emotional scars jk haha. Worst was the first time I changed the oil after I bought it. Wasn't used to it and as I was getting out from under the truck's passenger side (thats the side I had been going to for years on my Firebird so naturally I tried there first looking for the oil filter and plug), I sat up and BAM! Forehead went right into the bottom of the truck's body haha.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:05 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

nothing to spectacular while working on the blazer, but at my job i was striking a chisel with a 5 pound sledge and 2 pieces of metal flew off into my arm and i had to have them surgically removed

Old 02-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

bangs and bruises, oh also sucks when you catch yourself on fire. torching exhaust flanges....

Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Cut my hand open and required 12 stitches if I remember right. I was trying to get my grille lights apart to retrofit LEDS in them and the knife slipped. The rest has been on the wallet and minor.

Quick Reply: How has your blazer injured you?