Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

I give up. Nothing in this world is free lol *My fun little story from tonight*

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default I give up. Nothing in this world is free lol *My fun little story from tonight*

Did a favor for my stepdad today. Their washer & dryer died out a few weeks ago and they have been having to spend money at the laundry mat since they couldnt afford a new one at the time. I had a friend call me and told me if i knew anyone that wanted a washer & dryer for free since his wife got a new pair for a gift from her father. I told him my parents did and drove a hour to pick em up. On the way home tonight at 9pm I kept on hearing a clacking sound from the left tire. I pulled over and checked it in the dark. Noticed some pebbles in the tread and pry'd them out and continued on my way. It still made the sound and i finnaly pulled into a huge gas station with basically spot lights outside for lights. I took a closer look at it and noticed something. The inside part of the tire tread was completely peeling off the tire. To find out i had a retread. I had got this tire from a used tire shop since it looked new. It had a nail in it which was plugged. Hence why i thought it ended up at a tire shop. About 2 feet of tread was loose on the tire and i was not going to chance a 45 min drive home. Ive seen this stuff destroy fenders etc. Well anyways I forgot my 4 way tire iron at home,and the jack. I called my dad and asked him if he could bring the stuff to me and that i had something for him. He showed up a hour later without a jack. So we had to drive 10 minutes to walmart and buy one since he didnt wanna drive a hour back to the house. FINALLY we get the spare on,which turns out to be flat. No air machines near by at any of the gas stations since we were out in the middle of nowhere. Autozone/advance etc was closed since it was late,so no fix a flat,gas stations didnt have any either. Finally a guy pulls up in a dodge ram(which i was driving) asked if we needed some help. I told him what was going on and he said "well how about this,You guys buy me a 6 pack in that gas station and il GIVE you my spare tire and you can just call me once you are done with it". So now im home at 12:30am. Im glad i got help but DAMN this was alot of hell for a free washer & dryer that was older then my grandmother lol.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

You were never a member of the Boy Scouts, were you? No lug wrench, no jack and a flat spare tire? I'm not trying to appear like an a-hole, but it sounds to me like your problems were self induced.

BE PREPARED

Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Pay no attention to sermons. It's just a quicky quiz in the game of life for ordinary people.
For some it's "Should I resign because they found out I tweet pix of me in my jockey's".. for others it's "Is it worth while to do favors for other people?"

I get bit by the latter all the time. Beats the other option.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:32 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

dam you had a long night . Lucky that guy gave you a hand for a 6 pack but yea im surprised you didnt have a jack or a spare in your truck =(

Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Pay no attention to sermons. It's just a quicky quiz in the game of life for ordinary people.
For some it's "Should I resign because they found out I tweet pix of me in my jockey's".. for others it's "Is it worth while to do favors for other people?"

I get bit by the latter all the time. Beats the other option.
Sermon? Since when did logic and common sense become a sermon? Don't get me wrong - I do have empathy for the OP, but also feel that if the basic necessities had been onboard he wouldn't have experienced the problems he did. He was fortunate that someone happened to come along that was willing to lend a hand. If not, it could have played out a lot worse than it did.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

when i see people stuck or broke down i stop to make sure there alright and to see if they need a hand . Most people do but some just pass by lol any ways some people have good hearts and some don't .

it was a mistake that will never happen again . trust me on that one =P

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 08-02-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 01BlackBeauty
Sermon? Since when did logic and common sense become a sermon? Don't get me wrong - I do have empathy for the OP, but also feel that if the basic necessities had been onboard he wouldn't have experienced the problems he did. He was fortunate that someone happened to come along that was willing to lend a hand. If not, it could have played out a lot worse than it did.

Haha well the thing is the truck is a shortbed with a tool box on the back. So between that and tools i didnt have room for my floor jack and a washer and dryer. It was more if a gamble if anything. I had a spare,just didnt have my jack etc. I know i know its still my fault for not being prepared. But still had to happen the one time i leave my jack.
Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
when i see people stuck or broke down i stop to make sure there alright and to see if they need a hand . Most people do but some just pass by lol any ways some people have good hearts and some don't .

it was a mistake that will never happen again . trust me on that one =P
I had plenty of people to ask if i needed help. Matter a fact When i 1st got there i opened the hood hoping someone would ask so i can see if they have a jack etc. Had one guy saying he was a mechanic that was off his marbles to say "oh it'll make it home". While he was there another guy walks up "hey guys im a mechanic,need any help?" I told em we all are mechanics lol. Nobody had a jack. I guess no one carrys a jack anymore down here. Oh well.