Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

just failed inspection and wow!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:48 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: just failed inspection and wow!

ORIGINAL: cliro

only time inspections are needed here are if a vehicle is 10 years old, out of province, or if it was written off then fixed. guess were lucky, lol.
Yeah, but passing an emissions test isn't part of that

And it's 12 years now. I got a piece of paper mailed to me from my insurance company when I got my '85 S10, and it said vehicles 12 years or older must get inspected...

Maybe the provincial minimum is 10 years... But you only have to get inspected if your registering it to a new name.

My '85 passed inspection with pretty much all factory parts

Old 01-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Starting Member
woodsballr is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drperry

ORIGINAL: cliro

only time inspections are needed here are if a vehicle is 10 years old, out of province, or if it was written off then fixed. guess were lucky, lol.
Yeah, but passing an emissions test isn't part of that

And it's 12 years now. I got a piece of paper mailed to me from my insurance company when I got my '85 S10, and it said vehicles 12 years or older must get inspected...

Maybe the provincial minimum is 10 years... But you only have to get inspected if your registering it to a new name.

My '85 passed inspection with pretty much all factory parts
man yall got it easier up there. we gotta get an inspection every year down here. its a pain in the @$$

Old 01-10-2008, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Here in AZ we have inspections and emissions in maricopa county but if you register it outta county you don't have to do emissions at all!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Beginning Member
thehustler211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default inspection

Here in Kansas city MISSOURI we got friends that work at shops that do inspections. We just give them the info on the car over the phone and go pick up the inspection sticker for $25.00 its illegal but noone will ever know, lol its not that big of a deal.Thats how i ALWAYS pass! Also got a friend at the DMV so thats how i take care of my no insurance when i get my cars tagged. Across the line in kansas they only inspect your vehichle 1 time, when you buy a new car or the vehichle changes owners.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Beginning Member
thehustler211 is an unknown quantity at this point

out of an 84 Cadillac eldorado 2 2000 pontiac grand ams and a 1994 blazer with no title and soon to be no cat(ITS PLUGGED).and my homeboyz POS ford tempo i got him for $200.00 Ive never passed a inspection legitly, I hardly know anyone around here who does. Besides the emmisions tests I can never keep a rearview mirror (music knocks it off evertime) and i dont think ive ever owned a car without a crack in the windshield,lol

Old 03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Another possibility is to register it as an "Antique" or "Historic". Here in Maryland an inspection, without emissions cost about $100.00 and takes two hours!. I failed for numerous things, brake pedal cover, windshield wiper blades needed to be replaced, goofy crap. Then you get to go for emissions.

But the low low price of $50.00 extra and $25.00 every renewal, 2 yrs, you don't need any of that crap!. BUT you can only drive it 7,000 miles a yr.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Makes me happy I live where I do! Trumbull county Ohio, no emissions, no inspections walk in once a year with old registration or title pay $50 walk out with the new sticker for your plates and your done for a year (well now you can get 2 years at a time and eliminate the registrar fee for the one of the years)

Old 03-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shoot, here in Cali they were trying to tell me I had to buy a new cat from the dealer when it got plugged. I called around first, but every shop said the same thing (had to buy from dealer) so I called the dealership I almost had a heart attack!!! The guy said it was ONLY $900 (USD) I said to hell with that and bought a straight pipe @ Pepboys and had my pops weld it for me for a total of $7 (USD) the cost of the pipe. FYI in Cali you only do inspections when buying salvaged vehicle (CHP checks the #'s) and smog inspections are every other year. When I deleted my cat, I wasn't do for a smog till a whole year later but then I sold her, so the new owner had to install a cat. Technically I was suppossed to get it to pass smog before selling it but the new owner and I agreed on it. Anyone from Cali correct me if Im wrong.