Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Need to talk.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 PM
oldsbravada2000 is on a distinguished road

I would say to those who mourn... look upon each day that comes as a challenge, as a test of courage. The pain will come in waves, some days worse than others, for no apparent reason. Accept the pain. Do not suppress it. Never attempt to hide grief. Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. You can't live life waiting for the storm to pass, you must learn to dance in the rain.

When someone reaches out for a helping hand you should not turn them away but help guide them. It doesn't matter if this is a car forum or not, I am willing to be that helping hand and so should everyone else.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Oh boy, man my heart breaks for you. Life just plain old sucks sometimes. It's unfair, confusing, and well, it hurts. It's ok to cry, it's ok to be sad....for a time. People come into our lives and people leave. Some for a short time, others for longer. You just have to look at the time you've had and be thankful you got to spend what time you had with this girl. No one guarantees us tomorrow. So it's ok to morn, to be angry, to be sad, but sooner or later you have to lace up your boots and march on. It will be ok.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:36 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

IanD,
My most sincere condolences to you at this time. I had a similar situation very recently in my own life and I can assure you that the pain you feel and the conflicts between emotions and thoughts are ABSOLUTELY acceptable and quite normal given the particulars of your situation.
If you have patience and trust to the Higher Authority, you will heal. The scars may remain, but the pain will leave and you can move forward according His plan.

Peace

Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
IanD is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, I just wanted to say thanks, to everyone. It wasn't easy for me to open up, let alone to people I don't even know. My dad and my brother talked to me about my friend passing, but I just feel like they don't know what I am going through, but after speaking to everyone and reading their responses I feel much better and I know that one day I will get to see her again, even if it means that she will have a halo and wings, I will see her again.

Her funeral is on Wednesday and thankfully it will be an open funeral, because this is where I will get to say my final goodbye and be able to move on from this depression that has overwhelmed me the last couple of days, because I am sure that is what she would want. Once again, thank you, everyone. You guys have really helped me out, and it is just weird to me, to know that there really are great people in this world who are willing to provide a shoulder to lean on and to be empathetic to another human they don't even know.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Beginning Member
shablaze is on a distinguished road

I wish I had words to make it better. Losing a loved one is never easy to deal with. I hope you find comfort somehow. With time, it will become easier to accept what has occurred. She may be gone, but obviously not forgotten. Treasure the memories and know she is in a better place.