Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

thank you all mighty internet

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough
Default thank you all mighty internet

ok...way off topic around here but in these parts we all like to fix things...so i am gonna brag a little.

the other day out of the blue my wash machine stopped spinning....first thought...there goes 300-400 bucks best case on a new one.

so i took front cover off and poked around.
all the major parts looked good....motor ran...belts in place. no leaks..pump working.
then i noticed main drive belt burning up....aaahhhhh!!

(did you know washers have transmissions???)

so sure enough tub was not spinning at all....so after consulting the mighty internet for an hour or so i had two things to look for.

one...tranny is bad (never good news no matter what your working on)
two...if i was lucky a bearing dried up.

so with fingers crossed i tore in...bravely went in without a spanning wrench..(channel locks worked). got to the bearing...(another hero) pb blasted that bad boy...cleaned it up...re packed, reassembled and crossed my fingers.

and much to my surprise its alive!!!

dodging a major home appliance purchase is a wonderful feeling.

so for roughly 1.00-2.00 at worst and 4 hours total time she runs like nothing ever went wrong.

thank you internet....you saved me again.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:32 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sweet man =P

Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I've had many similiar experiences over the years, even one with my washing machine!

The water wouldn't turn off and over flowed the tub. Thankfully the laundry room was off the garage and not in the house. A search of the internet I found a solution. A quick swipe with a long qtip that I already had and the maching was back to a well functioning unit! Didn't cost a penny.

So, I can relate to your joy!

Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I fixed plumbing in my gf's old mobile home a couple times... Knew nothing about plumbing when i went under the trailer. Ended up learning that old mobile home is piped with "poly- b" pipe which is not for hot water use, replaced with super pex... Borrowed a crimping tool from a friend, was given a bunch of the new pipe by a customer, fixed her place up to code so it could be sold - didnt cost a thing!

FYI, dont go under old mobile homes... When water leaks its like laying on your back in a muddy cat litterbox... The things i do for love...