The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

new project

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

They built turbocoupes too didn't they?

And M3ch, where are you from? (You'll need to convert the cluster to mph too most likely)

Old 03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
They built turbocoupes too didn't they?

And M3ch, where are you from? (You'll need to convert the cluster to mph too most likely)
and Mustang SVOs, and Merkur XR4Ti's...

but the Thunderbird SC was the coolest, (SuperCharged) some of the vids you see it lined up against a corvette of some sort and it beats it.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i live in minnesota, they dont require me to convert the cluster

oh and i think theres about 176k km on it i do beilve betweem 140-176k km

Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 AM

OKAY, well im one step closer finally, i put in for a "Compliance letter" from ford motor company on 4/13/2011

well it finally got here 6/17/2011 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!

they said it would only take 3-4 weeks

either way, im hoping to get it registered in the states within the next 2 weeks, because i am going to the border to meet my dad, and from there we will go to customs, fill out paper work etc etc, then i will need to drive back i remind you it is a 2 1/2 hour trip one way, but before i go, i need to wash the under body and the exterior, make sure every thing is out of the interior and then head up

from there, its new headlights, and then time to collect parts for it, supercharger/intercooler 5 speed manual etc etc

oh, it might be slow because i will be going to school, either way, i thought i was getting new stuff for the blazer this summer but idk yet, i know for sure around my birthday in spet. there will be a body lift though

oh yeah i almost forgot, does anyone have experience with these cars because i want to tint the back tail lights, and i was wondering how to get those little silver Thunderbird's off the tails, are they held on by like double sided tape or just snap in?

Last edited by m3ch; 06-20-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:24 AM

well i broke some things on it lol

i broke the radio, it almost started a fire, and i broke the back-up light socket.....so i need to track one down, and get new bulbs, then i will tint the tails, redo the tint in the interior

Old 07-08-2011, 05:39 AM

one small step for me, and one f**k not given by anyone else!

haha but seriously, i FINALLY was able to get to the border, and it is now officially imported to the United States of America!......all thats left to do is get the money for the registration and call the DMV to see if i can register it because of this government shut down

now.......i have 2 options...........

1. get the parts of a supercoupe (ALL the part including engine and trans)
2. continue on with the modding of the n/a 3.8

APPARENTLY the non s/c 3.8 WILL NOT accept the supercoupes super charger/intercooler set up......the n/a 3.8 is set up differently, it has higher compression, weaker trans, weaker internal part..............

hearing this was confusing because i thought that they were both the same engines, with the same stuff.........because my wiring harness in the car has the same kind of harness as a supercoupe.........

Old 07-09-2011, 05:35 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

the s/c has lower compression because higher compression is not ideal for boost. I would tear it down and check the head gasket. the 3.8L, especially those years are prone to blowing them. frequently too. I don't know how many I've done at work over the years, but I couldn't count them on 5 peoples fingers and toes..

Old 07-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 01vortec
the s/c has lower compression because higher compression is not ideal for boost. I would tear it down and check the head gasket. the 3.8L, especially those years are prone to blowing them. frequently too. I don't know how many I've done at work over the years, but I couldn't count them on 5 peoples fingers and toes..
i know higher compression isnt ideal for boost, i just dont understand why it wont fit =p