The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

The rough reality of 40mph..

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

ok, a little side tracked, but i finally got the pic's uploaded........................

(figured it'd be easier for all if these were thumbnails)

Old 08-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
actually BKB, the floor didn't lift much @ all. but it did twist quite a bit.

i'm loading up some scans of the pic's i have..................
I was referring to my friends jeep. his floor got pretty crumpled.
but @ your truck: Come on! a couple new body panels and you're good to go! lol but seriously, did she still run after that?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:35 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blazers.B.Kewl
I was referring to my friends jeep. his floor got pretty crumpled.

sorry, i thought that was directed @ me.

but @ your truck: Come on! a couple new body panels and you're good to go! lol but seriously, did she still run after that?
yeah, all of the panels infront of the box!

she ran, kinda-sorta. the engine was only about 8 to 10 weeks old, so i really wasn't too worried about it.

the twisted frame rail severed the fuel line, and completely crushed the driver's side header. so it did run with a little juice splashed down the carb, but got choked off real quick 'cause the exhaust had no where to go.

ended up putting that engine in a friends '79 Camaro, but it was never as quick as that truck.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Sorry but I have to ask How is it that a camaro is not as fast as your old truck was? Remember I also had a fast truck that I reluctantly sold but at least it's in good hands.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:51 PM
BF Guru

go up to the top of the page (my post, #11), and look @ the last 2 pic's in the bottom row. notice anything?

there wasn't any drive accessories on that engine, it was all power baby!

it was a 305 i got out of a '79 Monza, played around with the internals, and was getting 332 HP out of it. and since that p/u was the most base model truck ever made, there wasn't any extra crap in it to slow it down. since that Camaro was quite a bit heavier, obviously it wouldn't be as fast.

i'm serious, this truck had absolutely no options what-so-ever...........not even a head liner!

it was a manual steering, manual transmission, manual brake truck. no headliner, radio delete, with only defrost & floor heat for the eviro controls (so obviously no A/C either).

yanked the 250 cu.in. I6 & 3-on-the-tree that came from the factory, dropped in that squirely V8 & a Super T10 4 speed, and she flew.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
go up to the top of the page (my post, #11), and look @ the last 2 pic's in the bottom row. notice anything?

there wasn't any drive accessories on that engine, it was all power baby!

it was a 305 i got out of a '79 Monza, played around with the internals, and was getting 332 HP out of it. and since that p/u was the most base model truck ever made, there wasn't any extra crap in it to slow it down. since that Camaro was quite a bit heavier, obviously it wouldn't be as fast.

i'm serious, this truck had absolutely no options what-so-ever...........not even a head liner!

it was a manual steering, manual transmission, manual brake truck. no headliner, radio delete, with only defrost & floor heat for the eviro controls (so obviously no A/C either).

yanked the 250 cu.in. I6 & 3-on-the-tree that came from the factory, dropped in that squirely V8 & a Super T10 4 speed, and she flew.
Sounds like you had quite a bit of fun in that old thing! At least until the lady friend had to get in she may be a sleeper but definitely not a looker. Was that a project truck? it sounds like it with you "playin around with the internals" and such lol.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:52 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Man, that Jeep is destroyed.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
BF Guru

Sounds like you had quite a bit of fun in that old thing! At least until the lady friend had to get in she may be a sleeper but definitely not a looker. Was that a project truck? it sounds like it with you "playin around with the internals" and such lol.
been with my wife since i was 16, so, i didn't need to worry about trying to impress her with the ride. (had this truck when i was about 21-ish)

and you're mistaken BBK, she was a looker! one look in your rear view mirror on the hiway, and everyone would get outta my way! i didn't even need to get close to them either!!

would you have stayed in the left lane, driving like Miss Daisy, if you saw that thing coming up your rear?

yeah, she was a project truck, but this happened about 8 weeks after the driveline got done. really did have a chance to do anything with it, since i only got it @ the beginning of that year.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 08-23-2010 at 09:27 PM.