Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Running Out of Gas

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Running Out of Gas

So today as i was sitting in the middle of Walton in Rochester Michigan i thought of a funny thread to start. So heres a place to share all your stories about running out of gas or similar stories! Post em up and we can share a laugh!

I'll start....today i was leaving bdubs content with a full stomach and feel my car very hesitant off the line, so i continue driving to figure out whats wrong and feel the gas not working at all! so i glide into the nearest parking lot and park. Well its still running and im about a half a mile away from home so i figure ill go for it <<<<<worst idea ever!!! i get about 100 feet down the road and the car dies, and all i can do is glide into the middle lane....so then i had to wait 20minutes for someone to bring me gas...then get b*tched at for running out of gas....well its all good now!

Now post up your stories!!
-Derek

Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road
Smile

The first time I ran out of gas was the winter before last in my recently purchased '92 S10 4.3L TBI. The gas gauge didn't work, naturally, along with most of the others but I was told it could do over 150 miles on the tripometer by the previous owner. Wrong! I was at work and went to McDonalds. Came back and felt the truck stumble going across the parking lot once, so I gave it some gas and it seemed fine so I parked it, slightly uphill. Came back out to move it inside to warm up and it wouldn't even fire, just cranked and cranked. I called and bothered everyone I knew till I got my best fried to bring me a few gallons to get home. Filled it later and apparently got about 8 mpg, that thing sucked gas and never put out heat.

Next time was in my mother's '89 Buick LeSabre, cleaned it out for her at work and she had said it had plenty of gas to get to the station. When I was done, as it got put in gear it would die, so I snatched a gas can and my blazer played rescue vehicle

Old 05-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road

I was sitting in my Jimmy with a friend waiting for another friend to get out of hockey practice. It was the coldest day of the year of course, so we had the truck running with the heat on. When it died we weren't sure what had happened. Luckily we got a ride to the gas station down the street where I got to borrow a gas can from the manager.
Another time my roomate at the University stole (borrowed without asking) my S-10 pick-up which was parked with just enough gas to get ot the gas station. He had to pick up his girlfriend and had no gas in his car. Luckily he was 2 buildings away from the gas station when it ran out. The idiot called me to come and help him.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

I had two occasions. The first was when I was delivering pizza's in my 93 Sable at the time. I was heading down the road to a delivery when the engine started sputtering. Lucky for me, I was rolling downhill, going 50mph, with a gas station at the bottom of the hill. I coasted the entire way and stopped rolling perfectly in front of a pump.

The second, I wasn't so lucky. I was driving my 99 Grand AM and the gas gauge didn't work (I feel ya nineTnine), and I had to guess when I would run out of gas. I guessed wrong one day and on my way to Novi, Michigan from Howell, I figured I had enough to get there, but didn't factor in the accident just past Brighton. I was stuck in traffic, running on fumes, in the middle of summer, and had to pull it over and call AAA.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I've only ever run out of gas once in my entire life. And it was in my Blazer lol. Like a lot of other Blazers my fuel level sensor is not working all the time, so it reads incorrect quite a lot. I was coming home from work one day and it was showing empty for the better part of 2 days at that point. I didn't think much of it as I've gone 3 days before on empty without issue. Anyway, I was coming off the bridge in the city here going up an on ramp and all of a sudden the truck starts chugging and bucking. I starting thinking awww F lol. Anyway, it died on the on ramp. I waiting 15min or so for my buddy to run me down some gas.
Nto a very exciting story...needless to say I hope it doesn't happen again lol.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

My my V8 S10 running out on an avenue in edmonton, and I knew there is a gas station about 3/4 kilometer up the road, so I used the last of my gas to get her up to about 120 then she quit, I clicked it into neutral and coasted up to the pump... I had to use the brakes to stop at the pump, so I just made it. Filled up and away I went! Only close call Ive had.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

I ran out of gas countless times in my 86 s10 pickup 2.5.
My guage did not read once it was past 1/2 tank, so i guessed when it was about empty and for the most part I would always get gas before it died.

I ran out of gas on a back road in the middle of the woods at 4 am.. that sucked so bad I called every one I knew and no one would answer there phone, so I started walking with gas can in hand, 1/4 mile up the road I spotted a car, it was a state trooper and he gave me a ride to the pump to get gas and drove me back.

another time was coming home from work at 2 am and ran out on the bridge, coasted 1/2 mile when it was all down hill and right into a gas pump.

I use to have a bad seal on the sending unit atop the tank and when it would rain i would get water in my tank and would always think i was low on fuel when it was just water.
I got rid of that truck and got a 91 jimmy, my jimmy is power everything and much better then my truck.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:32 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I have never run out of gas.... Just because my mom always got on my *** to have more than 1/2 tank at any time...