Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Should I fight this ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by matt92
I did use a turn signal, but my buddy said i dont have to pick him up, so i had to make the next turn to go back home. I already got 2 tickets last year, and took the coure to take off the points. So idk if i can take the class again. And all they want is the $$$$ they could care less about what you did. They'll pull you over for ANYTHING in this city.
I'd fight it, do you have a witness that was in the vehicle? As long as you signalled, checked your blind spots, who cares how fast you changed lanes? The line that "There could have been a motorcycle there" isn't tanigble IMO. You checked your blind spots and proceeded safely across the lanes to make your right hand turn while signalling, everything within the law... That's like getting detention at school because you were walking to fast down the hallway...

Old 01-30-2011, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i wouldn't fight it for the following reasons:
#1 you were wrong
#2 it's a meaningless ticket in the end so long as you don't get the points AND learn something
#3 under the charge you were cited with the wording is so vague that almost anything can be stuck with C.D. hence getting zapped for blowing through multiple lanes.

pick your battles mang.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Here I/we call that "A California Lane Change" (dart across more than 1 lane at a time) & here that is illegal. If there was no traffic I'd say fight it! But what do motorcycles BEHIND a bus you've already passed have to do with it? Did you cut-off the bus? Did it have to make avoidance maneuvers because of your lane changes? Lots to think about & you know what happened so good luck.

"got a $166 dollar ticket for "careless driving". I was driving, and there were 2 lanes over to the right of me, and had to make a quick decision, so i switched over to the 3rd one, and resulted in a ticket. The cop said, "there couldve been motorcycles behind the bus you passed and may not have seen them"."

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-30-2011 at 11:08 PM.