The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Spring/Summer Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RangerG
Well, I got lots of mods planned. Look for my build thread during summer and you'll see whats going on.

As for the .22, I'm looking at a Savage.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

Look under "Rimfire" then "Rimfire Package Series" and then it's the Mark II FVXP.

Comes with scope, accutrigger, and heavy barrel for a very good price. I'll probably throw a short bipod and scope covers to complete the militarized look. Man, summer can't come fast enough!!
Sounds good, I got a Marlin 795 from Dicks a few months ago on a deal I just couldnt pass up and it shoots very well. I really want a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 to have some fun with over the summer but im waiting to find a used one or for Gander Mountain to have a sale.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I have a ton of plans for the Spring/Summer. I recently purchased a home at the end of last summer and I finally furnished the inside so now it's time to work on the outside. Since it was nice yesterday I started racking leaves left over from the fall, ripping out dead plants and cleaning up the deck. Today I'm gonna trim back some of the brush I have on my rear fence and trim down some of the bushes that go into my neighbors side of the fence. After that, if I get another nice day I need to figure out how to get rid of ivy that is growing all along the side of my house. For some reason the previous owners thought this was a great idea to grow ivy against the house. Last septmber I spent a whole weekend ripping out ivy that was growing up the walls and going under the siding. If anybody has a great solution how to solve this problem, let me know. Once I tackle that project I'm going to work on my front retaining wall which has some cracks in it now thanks to mother nature. When I finish fixing the cracks I'm going to paint the walls white with either Drylok or some other water proofing paint. After that project is done, I'll move on to the flower bed which I'm just going to rip out most of the plants and just add red cedar mulch to clean it up. Next is the garage which another project of it's own. I want to paint the concrete block walls with drylok or any other water proofing paint and epoxy the floor. Hopefully this will happen before the end of summer. I will have pictures when I start that project. I have so much more I would like to do to the house, but I have a life time to get that done. No sense in going broke the first year of owning it. lol

Now truck related project:
1. Finally recieved my dual amp wirring kit, so I can finish the installation of my interior speakers.
2. Sand and repaint rear diff cover
3. Touch up paint the frame and leaf springs
4. Paint rear end
5. Fix parking brake

I also I have a few shows I will be attending in Pa, NJ, CT, NY. First one is in April to raise money for breast cancer research.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
First one is in April to raise money for breast cancer research.
Side note:
YAY Research and not awareness....

Props to you

Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
.... and cleaning up the deck. ....

I've gotten do my deck this year too. The paint looks like crap. I put if off for too long lol, and this winter took a toll on it. I'm thinking I'm going to pressure wash it and stain it this time instead of paint (previous owners had it painted brown). I also need to do new siding at some point, and a new roof...but I doubt thats going to happen this year. I don't have any savings at the moment...so unless I win the lottery I can't see it happening this year lol. Hopefully next.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My spring plans include:
  • getting rid of some trees
  • finishing off the ceiling in the garage
  • installing a walk in door into the garage
  • putting a door from the 2nd floor into the attic of the garage
  • redoing the stairs from the garage into the house.

Summer, well, hopefully that is when I will be doing the engine/dash/wiring/steering/etc swap into my K5.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sisk
I've gotten do my deck this year too. The paint looks like crap. I put if off for too long lol, and this winter took a toll on it. I'm thinking I'm going to pressure wash it and stain it this time instead of paint (previous owners had it painted brown). I also need to do new siding at some point, and a new roof...but I doubt thats going to happen this year. I don't have any savings at the moment...so unless I win the lottery I can't see it happening this year lol. Hopefully next.
Make sure to take your time with the stain... I worked as a painter for a summer, and some guys would slop it on and it would look like sh*t....

Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I'm lucky to work for a building products company so I get everything at cost. So I'm going to price out Trex Deck material to replace the boards on my deck. That will be a project for next year. This year I'm just going to power wash it and stain it.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wlorton
Make sure to take your time with the stain... I worked as a painter for a summer, and some guys would slop it on and it would look like sh*t....
Oh I will. I know paint is not = to stain, you gotta take your time and do light coats. I'll see how 1 coat looks, probably going to go with 2 though. The pressure washing is going to be the biggest thing. I'm going to get that done as soon as my damn hose un freezes lol. Note to self > don't leave hose out all winter (accident on my part)

Old 03-10-2010, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
So I'm getting excited for spring/summer. I got all my patio furniture out and was out in shorts on Sunday. It's been fairly warm, my sunroof (despite being broken) has been open almost every time I've been out driving...and the clocks go ahead this weekend...

So does anyone have any big plans for the spring/summer? Not necessarily vehicle related...but trips? shows? events?
End of may I'm done with school! Looking forward to it.

Gonna paint my wheels black, biggest thing that I see happenng this summer. Also gonna paint the bumper and tow-hooks black, and finish up the red trim inside.

Also saving up for a pro miniDV camera, a Sony DCR VX2000. It looks awesome!

That's all All revolves around money really, which I'm gonna need a job once I'm out of school but my web designing brings in a bit