Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

SUV= truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Beginning Member
BuffettTruck is on a distinguished road

It is in the same place as a regular pickup with a cap. For that matter where is the bed on a semi? Aside from in the sleeper cabin. Fold down the rear seats and 'tada', you can haul a washer and dryer or, if you don't care about the interior, a load of firewood. We hauled lots of things in the K5's we drove in the AF. The only difference between the K5 and the C10's was that you had to lower the back glass on the K5's to throw anything into it.

In the end, it doesn't matter what anyone calls my Jimmy. He's still a cool little ride that just keeps running and running, hauls my kids as well as my beach gear while still giving me room for a modest sound system. That's all that matters to me.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:04 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

I've referred to my son's 85 Blazer as a truck a couple of times and instantly said, "Well, it's not really a truck but... you know..." I'd also agree it's not a truck without a bed of some kind but it's also not a car in my opinion.

On another note: It takes more energy to be offended by a varying opinion than it does to accept that opinions vary.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Starting Member
No false Bravada is on a distinguished road

I do accept everyone's opinion, it's just my opinion that it's not a truck. My 93 Chevy Cheyenne C1500 was, but I don't feel like the Bravada is.
My gf is in the Marines, she drives trucks. Like the Oshkosh HET and HEMMTT, and lighter duty vehicles. She also drove the MRAP. She's only called the Bravada an SUV. The funny thing is her personal car is a Prius

Old 03-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by No false Bravada
I do accept everyone's opinion, it's just my opinion that it's not a truck. My 93 Chevy Cheyenne C1500 was, but I don't feel like the Bravada is.
My gf is in the Marines, she drives trucks. Like the Oshkosh HET and HEMMTT, and lighter duty vehicles. She also drove the MRAP. She's only called the Bravada an SUV. The funny thing is her personal car is a Prius

I'm sorry but I can't quite bring myself to call a Prius a car. I'd say it's more of a toy really. lol

Old 03-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Starting Member
No false Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brian K. Balzer
I'm sorry but I can't quite bring myself to call a Prius a car. I'd say it's more of a toy really. lol
When I got together with her, I only had the Alero. My response to her Prius was "but acceleration, though."
She said my car will beat hers to the gas station every time. True, but mine doesn't cost as much to work on.
She says the HEMMTT, at least the new models, have a twin-charged Caterpillar engine, with a roots type supercharger and a turbo about the size of a stock size tire on my Bravada. Acceleration up to 10 mph is poor, but its towing and hauling ability are what it's made for. Plus, they're 8x8.

Last edited by No false Bravada; 03-25-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road

I'll agree I am not the biggest fan of calling our vehicles "trucks", but at the same time I'll agree that I can't bring myself to call it a car either. Sometimes I'll refer to mine as "my Blazer", "the Blazer", or just "my vehicle", that way anyone can call it what they want. Everyone where I work calls it a truck though...so I'll go with that I suppose