Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Thousands could lose internet access July 9 due to virus

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

yeah thats true. everytime i pretty much got one i was doing something stupid. the very first day i got highspeed internet years ago i started googling "download free games" didnt take long. got one of those viruses that ads itself to your desktop and says visit this site and pay money to get rid of it.

ive also learned the way to get rid of viruses is to do a complete system search, delete all registry keys and other weird items that happened in the last hour. or just do a system restore. so much easier then trying to track down the virus

Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

Especially because more time is spent developing viruses and computer attacks than virus prevention. User awareness is key, and yet.....Never gonna happen.

I have yet to get a virus on my desktop since I built it a year ago and I've been through some rough sites trying to find various things, like programs no longer made and things like that.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by abig84
yeah thats true. everytime i pretty much got one i was doing something stupid. the very first day i got highspeed internet years ago i started googling "download free games" didnt take long. got one of those viruses that ads itself to your desktop and says visit this site and pay money to get rid of it.

ive also learned the way to get rid of viruses is to do a complete system search, delete all registry keys and other weird items that happened in the last hour. or just do a system restore. so much easier then trying to track down the virus
+1

I'm a fan of system restore myself! It'll get you out of some sticky situations.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

I didn't use system restore until a few months back when windows updates caused my laptop to use 2GB out of 3GB of ram at all times not including programs. I used to do it all myself when I removed viruses, always wanting to do it the hard way to prove I could, until now I use restore

Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

unless your a computer tech and know what i know i can find something on your computer no matter how clean u think it is.....unfortunately some of the tools are complex and the everyday user cant use them

Old 07-11-2012, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by serrasalmus
unless your a computer tech and know what i know i can find something on your computer no matter how clean u think it is.....unfortunately some of the tools are complex and the everyday user cant use them
I bet ya could not find anything on my computer

Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

The reason why we have not heard about computers being infected with people that we know, is because only like 300,000 people still ahd the virus on their computer, and only about 10% were in the US...