Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

title issues..opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
thanks for taking my side cheifum, 'cause that's where i was going with the karma angle.

i never meant destroy the truck, and you're absolutely right about only having one side of the story. but if the vehicle was given to him, and now she wants some cash, then she's being a bitch and trying to extort money from him. she knows he had to do repairs, has driven the truck for awhile now (how long have you had it anyways?) so he's grown on it.

kinda playing on the heart strings if you ask me.

but you know what, sometimes it's better to cut your losses and find something better. if she's not demanding the truck back ASAP, then take a bit & do some searching for something else-but don't drag it out, 'cause you never know what she'll pull to screw you over (since it sounds like she's trying to do that now).

GL, keep us posted.
Thanx guys,i really appreciate all the input,you all mostly seem to be seeing it like i do and that kinds proves to me that im right in this.and that's a big will do on the keeping you guys posted,im goin to Massachusetts later today to party or whatever till the 19th but i hope to clear this up soon as its a big *** giant mess really but hope to have updates by next week.

Ive had the truck for around a yr now,im glad ya see the problem of it goes from free to costing me $ just cuz ik for a fact that shes behind on ****..now if she had strait up told me from the start"i want some $ for it b4 i sign it over" then hell id pay her for it(not $800 but something),its the principal of it now really over the cost issue but still sure as **** aint paying 800 for it

Yeah i haven't sensed a real urgency to get the truck back so i think i'll just stretch it out till i find a car that i want,then take my **** out(which is ALOT of stuff,audio,mechanical what have you) and say all yours bitch.and i do like the idea of screwing with it a lil..nothin major just stuff to **** with the motor or the cat turd idea..thats might be a activity b4 its given back

Old 03-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by midnightmekanik
If you have $3000 ready to spend on a vehicle... You have the upper hand.

Go to her place with $300 (factoring in price-repairs), and wave the cash in one hand, and keys in the other. Let her decide, give her a minute to do so...

When she's about to make her decision, say you have to take a leak reaaaaal bad, tell her to keep talking. If she chooses the truck, flush the keys down the can, take your money and get another car. If she chooses the cash, you're good!

I dunno, I can get creative with evilness ever since my inlaws royally screwed me over... LOL
hmmm,i like that plan alot..cept maybe not the flushing them part..that might get me into some **** w/ cops but i could def figure out a good place for the keys..im thinkin the woods in back of her place..that'd be a pain..but the 300 bux in cash idea,def a good one.As the saying goes cash talks/bullsh1t walks

Old 03-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by chiefum
She's already bringing bad karma........for not sticking to the deal...........so that's what she gets in return.
damn right,you hit the nail right on the head.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually had something similar happen to me over a bike I bought a few years back agreed on one price but when time came to xfer title my uncle decided he wanted twice as much (after I spent 1k on exhaust, new seat,shocks,tires) I talked to a cousin of mine (not the same uncle's kid) but he is actually an assistant prosecutor in the federal court in cleveland, ohio he had a co-worker call my uncle and notify him that we had 3 witnesses to the original agreement (we didn't) and that a verbal contract is legally binding if he continued to press the issue he would be charged with extortion, theft and violating the original contract.
My uncle showed up next day with title already signed and notarized and told me to never talk to him again....2 months later his car breaks down and he calls me to fix it which I agreed to do and even refused when he tried to pay me for doing so...to this day rest of the family calls him a useless untrustworthy pos and praises me for being the better person throughout the ordeal.

Old 03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

yea, a verbal contract is legally binding but it holds up better if you have witnesses. so if you have some witnesses that will def help the matters. you have the upper hand seeing how you have 3000 to spend on a better car than what you can get from her so really it is up to you unless she starts singin the whole you owe me money for using it line then i would tell her to shove it.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

The contract issue doesn't really apply here. Unless she offered to sell the vehicle to you. A promise to give something is not legally binding between individuals. At least that's what they told us in business law.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Starting Member
95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

As long as you can keep driving it then who cares who's name it's in? Just keep driving it. If something breaks that's expensive to fix get your stuff out and leave it where it is. Call and tell her thanks for letting you borrow it and she'd better have a tow truck come pick it up and bring it to her house before the police impound it. Or just wait till the police call her for an abondoned vehicle.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:01 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MrJP
The contract issue doesn't really apply here. Unless she offered to sell the vehicle to you. A promise to give something is not legally binding between individuals. At least that's what they told us in business law.
Very true their was no talk of money.

Originally Posted by 95Jimmy
As long as you can keep driving it then who cares who's name it's in? Just keep driving it. If something breaks that's expensive to fix get your stuff out and leave it where it is. Call and tell her thanks for letting you borrow it and she'd better have a tow truck come pick it up and bring it to her house before the police impound it. Or just wait till the police call her for an abondoned vehicle.
Haha that would be a good idea just drive it until she makes ou give it back or it breaks and she would never know if you broke it on purpose......