The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Title/ownership fight... Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Blazers might be a dime a dozen. That's not the issue right now. The issue is that it's my Blazer. That Blazer holds all my memories, all the good times, the bad times, in-between times, lunch with friends... Man, that's more than a truck to me. Neko's like family. Better than family. I'd rather have that car than this family, actually.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:23 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Trust me bro I understand that. I do. I'm just saying in the end its a truck. Trucks can be replaced. You however cannot. By all means keep it if its in the cards.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Starting Member

Hopefully that will happen. Like I said, though, Dad didn't pay for it, the title is in my name. The only reason he has it is because he stole it.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:34 PM

Hey man it'll all work out in the end. I'm going through a tough time in my life right now too. Not near as bad as you but hey I've been pretty bad off. But if your mom gets you back sit down and talk to her and see if she will sign your guardianship to your friends parents. Until then I hate to say it but tough it out. And try to get video evidence of your abusive father.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Take it from someone who just went through the custody thing last spring...without his name on your birth certificate FEDERAL law states he has NO legal claim until he proves paternity if the local police dept. refuse to enforce the law then you need to go over their head contact the closest branch of state highway patrol and/or federal court, explain he is refusing to let you return to your mom who has legal custody he has no legal proof of paternity and has impounded a vehicle that is legally registered in your name against your wishes and inform them of the issues with his friends in the local police dept refusing to enforce the legalities surrounding this situation and provide any and all proof and witnesses you have to back up your claim (make a list of witness and corrupt officer names to turn over)
One other thing school officials are required by law to report any and all allegations of abuse to the proper authorities for investigation (I worked in a school for 12 years this was pounded into our heads constantly)

Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Starting Member

I can't believe this. My friend's mom dropped me off at the house just now, and Dad came out starting to spout lies. She told him she doesn't believe anything he's saying, and he started making sexist remarks. Both of them then proceeded to call the cops. When the cops got there, they kept smiling whenever I told my story. They thought it was funny. Then, the most ridiculous thing happened. Everything I said my parents did, my dad said I did. I told the cops he was being a bully, and abusing me. Dad said "Jake shoves his mom around all the time, and he's a big bully. He abuses her and me and everybody; has no respect for anything..." What's that? This is an outrage. Why is nobody helping me? The cops forced my friend to leave and forced me to go inside. They asked why I haven't been reporting this as it happens (ex. the door thing, the fighting). When I told them I couldn't because he wouldn't let me use the phone to do that obviously, they changed the subject. What's going on here?

Old 01-09-2011, 09:43 PM

Your dad has them wrapped around his finger. Get as much evidence and take it to the federal govt.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 AM
IrvJr is on a distinguished road

Just go higher up the chain of command. Eventually someone will help you.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Beginning Member
laxman21 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JTalley
The cops said that if my parents say so, I can move out now. I can't get them to say so, and that's what I have to do seeing as nobody will help me.
Besides that, I have to wait until I'm 18 to move out.
Find a lawyer and get yourself emancipated.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

thats what I said, there are programs here for people who can not afford court and processing, maybe you guys have it too?...look into that

Last edited by BresBlazy; 01-10-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Title/ownership fight... Please help!