The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Title/ownership fight... Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 08:00 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I would go to the court hearing. Your dad is going to need to be on his best behavior and it's a possibility that him seeing you there with your friend and his mom in that court room might be more than he can stand. A judge would probably want to hear your side of the story as well.

If he wanted to press charges against your friends mom then go for it. Press the charges and let the whole scene play out in court in front of a judge. I'd love to read the transcripts.

Do not pick the locks, or attempt to take the truck. Also do not attempt to brand anyone while their asleep either. Doing any of those actions would just make your situation worse.

If they give you the choice of going to boot camp, go. Of coarse that would depend on the definition of boot camp. Still I can't think that going through boot camp would be any worse than what your going through now.
Good luck to you.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Ok... A few tihngs need cleared up here... They said something about permanent boot camp- as in until I'm 18. They (the cops) say that I will be property of the state, and will be shipped here and there and used as such. Now I'm not sure how much of that is true, but whatever they have up their sleeve isn't good.

Also, the court date- my dad isn't going. He doesn't even know about it- my friend and his mom are supposed to just go talk to the DA or something. I wanna go, but I don't have any info about it yet, and I'm not even sure if it has anything to do with me. I don't even know what's going on with DHS, or anything. I need to contact my friend, but it's kinda hard to get hold of him.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:28 PM

I haven't heard of permanent boot camp. I can understand being in the custody of the state untill you're 18, but that's it. Some research needs to be done here. Find out what type of bootcamp this is that the cops are refering to so that you know what it is and what its about.

Also what about emancipation?

Old 12-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Starting Member

Emancipation would be my first option, except for this: my parents are always after me to get a job. Finally, after months of searching, I found one. It's a paper route. Well, Dad started freaking out and refuses to let me go on it. Also, I put my application in at a restaurant, but every time I check on it, the manager isn't there. Finally, we managed to get a time when the manager was there. My dad wouldn't let me go there. You have to already be supporting yourself pretty much before they let you do that. Of course, the police already said that "no judge in this county will give you that."

Old 12-25-2010, 08:38 PM

Sulphur Police Department
David Shores, Chief of Police
600 West Broadway
Sulphur, Oklahoma 73086
622-2000, 622-6196

Oklahoma Highway Patrol - Troop F
First Lieutenant Pat Collins #43, Commander
Route 3, Box 2A
Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401
580/223-8800
Serving six counties with Murray County centrally located

Chickasaw National Recreation Area
Bruce Noble, Superintendent
Post Office Box 201
Sulphur, Oklahoma 73086
622-3161

Federal Park Rangers
Murray County Sheriff's Office
Darin Rogers, Sheriff
Murray County Court House
Sulphur, Oklahoma 73086
622-5114, 622-5124

Chickasaw Lighthorse Police
Jason O’Neal, Chief of Police
1003 Chamber Loop
Ada, Oklahoma 74820
580-436-7213 office
580-436-1166 emergency
Partnering with other agencies in the Chickasaw Nation

So is it the same cops who show up every time? Or did you just need the right phone numbers? Still looking for the information about boot camp.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:54 PM

- District Supervisor: Allen MillerDistrict Office: 333 W. Main, Suite 250, Ardmore OK 73401- (580) 223-8032

921 West 11th, Suite 2B
Sulphur, OK 73086

(580) 622-4410

According to the Office of juvenile affairs you fall under district seven who is headed by Allen Miller. Still looking for boot camp.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Starting Member

Err... Wow... Anyway, it's the one on top of the list that is responsible for this mess. The Federal Park Rangers have a hand in it- namely that the sheriff (Rogers) works with my dad sometimes, and they're good friends. When the sheriff found out that Dad plowed into me, he said "good."

Old 12-25-2010, 09:17 PM

Forget what I said about boot camp.
http://www.justice.gov/crt/split/doc...et_6-15-05.pdf

Not such a good place to be from what I read.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Starting Member

I can't view PDFs on this computer... Can you kinda summarize that for me?

Old 12-25-2010, 09:48 PM

Short version is understaffed, and problems with some of the staff. The report made known the fact that the staff at camp le rader did not fully cooperate with investigation, they withheld the medical reports.

I've also found pics and contact information of the sherrif, judge, and associate judge. BTW:
1. I'm not an attorney and I'm not giving you legal advice.
2. I'm only giving you information and letting you draw your own conclusions.
3. I'm only trying to help you find options to help your situation.

Quick Reply: Title/ownership fight... Please help!