Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

what do YOU do to a car when you first buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default what do YOU do to a car when you first buy it?

Every vehicle ive ever purchased ive driven it around for a few hours to make sure its alright. then i give it a oil change,complete tune up,and a car wash.

Anyone else like me and they go ahead and replace maintenance things even though it runs fine? i do it for the assurance that i know when it was done or is that just the fact i have a crazy paranoia with newly purchased vehicles? lol

Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

pretty much check everything. we have lifts at work and put it up check all the steering, all the fluids, brakes, u joints, tires, lights, then after a few days of driving it and making sure it isnt going to blow up i usually clean the heck out of it. buff it and wax it if its not a total turd, and scrub the interior. i want my own filth in there not someone elses

Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

If I'm buying it, believe me it NEEDS work so whatever that list entails. Other than that Lysol... Lots of it

Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yup, when I was 16 I got my 1964 Rambler Ambassador 990. With a 327, 4bbl, dual exhaust with cherry bombs. LOUD as F you cee kay!
Friends would hear me, my ride 3 blocks away "oh, Tom is on his way over mom, I have to go!"
Dual HUGE *** ashtrays up front (kids, it was cool to smoke back then).
A trunk I could hide 2 friends & 2 24's of beer & a back seat made for myself & two chics.
If I knew then what I know now... I'd have never have sold it!
I miss that car so mucking fuch. For an AMC, to me, it's a classic!
Then I got a '70 Barracuda with a truck motor 360 & granny gears of 2:42 I think.
Worth chit off the line but the shift kit in the 727 & shifting manually... rear tires would break loose at 30 mph & 50 mph. Then it's a wave in the mirror or out the window.
The cam, carb & exhaust put it around 400hp & the trans made it all work (at highway speeds) hence the manual shifting.
Big *** shaker hood scoop too, that rattled more than it should.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Blackout tint usually. I tint them myself.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:32 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Considering I'm only on my 3rd vehicle... not that much... I've usually bought either my parent's car... a clean trade in from a cousin's car lot, or a fully detailed Sierra from a GM dealership with only 18,000 mi on it lol.

TBH though if I were to buy something older I'd go through it with a fine tooth comb and do a COMPLETE interior scrub down... Screw having someone else's dirt in a car.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:46 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Steam clean and shampoo the interior.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

within the first week after driving it they end up fully detailed badged pin striped stereo usually,then oil change

Old 08-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I'm still on my first car. So far I've put 13k miles on it, washed it a dozen times, waxed it 4-5 times, full tune up, multiple oil/fluid changes/flushes, rebuilt trans (twice) and tons of other stuff that wasn't kept up on before I got it.

Of course, I'm still just breaking it in...

If I got it in good shape though, I'd say a tune up and fluid changes along with a good scrubbin right off the bat.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oktain
Considering I'm only on my 3rd vehicle... not that much... I've usually bought either my parent's car... a clean trade in from a cousin's car lot, or a fully detailed Sierra from a GM dealership with only 18,000 mi on it lol.

TBH though if I were to buy something older I'd go through it with a fine tooth comb and do a COMPLETE interior scrub down... Screw having someone else's dirt in a car.
Not to mention anyone elses green shoes!
Even your buddy to the right in the pic (your left in reality) seemed to be looking at them with a WTF look lol.