The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What Does Everyone Do For a Living??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:32 AM
racsan is on a distinguished road

i work at a honda supplier plant that builds brake assemblies for certian honda vehicles such as the civic,accord,element,crosstour&crv. pretty easy job. have been on 2nd there for 2 years.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

i now work for Webs.com as a template designer!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:34 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

My latest career adventure has been truck driving. I have a class A cdl license. I actually took the whole spring and summer off this year to enjoy life and have fun outdoors. It has been great.
Some of you guys in the Eastern USA probably have seen some of the Star Transport semi-trucks of the company I used to work for. I lived in Peoria Heights Il while at that job. Here is a pic of the truck I drove on the left with my other 4x4 rig.
I drove for a sand and gravel company here in ND until my seasons vacation.

Attached Thumbnails  What Does Everyone Do For a Living??-7.jpg  

Last edited by croozer; 09-09-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

I own a buy/sell business. I buy in bulk and resell....so far its just been break even because of the recession...working out of the hours and around my other two jobs, school and my two boys just haven't had enough time to put into it. But keeping it going so I have YEARS of being open after this recession so I can be like "survived the recession" etc...I've been tempted so many times to just sell and not buy anymore though. It's hard especially with eBay and Amazon.

Civilian: Assistant Manager for Jacks/Manna Enterprises. Fast food...pays the bills, but no where near worth the stress/pay ratio. 50-70 hrs/wk

Military: Aircraft Electrician for the UH60 and CH47 birds. Trying to get my commander to send me to LUH school as my unit is a RAID unit and we just got a couple(4) of those million dollar birds in.

LUH

I also work on the UH58...but not that much as we contract out to civilians....but I do get flight hours(yes FLIGHT) once in a blue moon if the chief flying feels like it. I'm a PFC so we really are not allowed take off and landing. But I did the easy part maintain heading and alt....but still logs as hours.

Last edited by Silver00LT; 09-10-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:01 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Looking to upgrade my licence. The company I work for is permitted to pull LCV (long combination vehicle) loads in Alberta. That means that our trucks can pull two 53 foot trailers. The rig is about 140 feet long and its awesome turning corners with a train like that.

You aussies have land trains, and those are truly amazing but they only really go in straight lines.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Beginning Member
jerseydave is on a distinguished road
Default I "off road" for a living

All wheel drive, 12 wheel, 400 HP, 6 speed auto, 40 ton.....
TEREX ADVANCE

Been delivering redi mix concrete for 24 years.

I get paid fairly well to take someone elses trucks into places that most trucks shouldn't be.

I'll have to get some pix together of this thing in action.
It's a pretty wild ride and will do some incredible stuff.
I truly can not believe some of the places that truck will go.
This is a generic pic.

Attached Thumbnails  What Does Everyone Do For a Living??-terex.jpg  
Old 09-10-2010, 07:23 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I'm a full time student studying mechanical engineering.

part time job at my high school working for the athletic department filming games, taking money, and so forth...

summer time i get my tan on.... i mean lifeguard

rare occasion, install sound systems

Old 09-11-2010, 01:49 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jerseydave
All wheel drive, 12 wheel, 400 HP, 6 speed auto, 40 ton.....
TEREX ADVANCE
those have to be the 2nd coolest mixers ever made, right after the Rubber Railroads.

i hear ya on the "how the hell did you get in there?" comment, my Dad's been driving a single axle in the S&G business for 35 years.

some of the stuff i've laid witness to.....................i'm sure you've got just as many stories you could tell as well.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:59 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Looking to upgrade my licence. The company I work for is permitted to pull LCV (long combination vehicle) loads in Alberta. That means that our trucks can pull two 53 foot trailers. The rig is about 140 feet long and its awesome turning corners with a train like that.

You aussies have land trains, and those are truly amazing but they only really go in straight lines.
Yea, Aussis has lots of road trains. They only go in straight lines 'cause there's nothing in their way for miles on end. AND, it's mostly flat! Now here in New Zealand - no chance! no straight roads. LOL

Old 09-11-2010, 06:06 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

I'm a full-time electrical engineering student. Currently looking for a weekend job or something where I can work a few hours during the week to pay for gas and everything.

Usually I just do computer repair for friends and friends of friends, but lately nobody seems to be having any computer troubles. I do miscellaneous electrical work too such as changing light switches, repairing wiring in vehicles, replacing leaky capacitors in whatever someone finds a leaky cap in, things like that.

Quick Reply: What Does Everyone Do For a Living??