Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oktain
I find for the most part that this forum has become a little less active lately, and it's mostly the same group of members who are always making threads lol.
I've noticed that lately. It's like a middle school dance here anymore. There's a few popular kids on the dance floor and alot of wallflowers lurking in the shadows sippin' punch.

This forum needs a good slow song to get everyone dancin' and active in the forum. And I think I know the forum equivilant to Eric Claptons "Beautiful tonight". Group buys. Alot of sites do group buys and it brings members together in a way that only thrifty penny pinchers can be brought together, discount swag. Maybe a thread where we nominate items that a majority would actually buy. Narrow it down to one item. And then set up the group buy.

Then all those people could help the others install/use the bought item. Then maybe they would spread the word about the forum to other s series and related vehicles, (just like Luis and his blazerforum.com decals. Can't wait for my lifted 1st gen Ford recovery team!) Those stickers would have been a good group buy idea had it been a newer item and not alot of people had already bought them. (And not to flood poor Luis with orders, lol)

Anyways, if this has been tried before and failed just say so and I'll shut up. Just a thought I had and thought I'd throw it up. So uh, what was this thread about agian?
Oh yeah, annoying general questions being asked a billion times. Speaking of...

Could I fit 33's with my 92 s10 blazer with a 3 inch body lift? joking

Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Weather is getting better these days and my fishing gear is stowed behind my seats ready for whenever I get the chance to go. Just not now because everything is flooded out here so I'm doing some sanding on my truck until the water recedes. Haven't really taken much time to stop by.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:53 AM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

i really like you guys on this forum every question iv asked has been answered and everyone is nice to me (even though im a newb) i was on s10forum when i had an s10, and no one is nice on there and they bash on people for no reason, also alot of the people on s10forum are minitruckers and think every truck should be slammed,bodydropped,or bagged laying frame, and if you dont do that to your truck they bash you for it. (which to me makes the truck useless and unrealistic to drive on the street,haul,or tow.)

Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 PM

For me the "mini" truck theme ended when I left high school which was in 1994. Back then it was all Nissan hard body trucks and s10's. We couldn't lower them to the ground just yet but some of us did cut out the back of the cab put on a snug top and fill up the back with speakers. My first truck was a Toyota 4x4 had to have something that I could haul and tow with for work.

On the other side I feel that trucks that are lifted with say 35" or taller are just as worthless. Perhaps a person could still tow and haul with a truck like that but it would be hard to work out of.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:27 AM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

maybe a little late, but Screwed, that last comment was beautiful. brought a tear to my eye. lol

Old 06-19-2010, 12:27 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bigkhans
For me the "mini" truck theme ended when I left high school which was in 1994. Back then it was all Nissan hard body trucks and s10's. We couldn't lower them to the ground just yet but some of us did cut out the back of the cab put on a snug top and fill up the back with speakers. My first truck was a Toyota 4x4 had to have something that I could haul and tow with for work.

On the other side I feel that trucks that are lifted with say 35" or taller are just as worthless. Perhaps a person could still tow and haul with a truck like that but it would be hard to work out of.
like dont get me wrong the trucks that layed on the frame look really cool and the whole frame dragging scene is cool but those trucks are useless in the real world. and also the comment about the 35s is also true 35s and up should only be used on mud trucks. i shake my head when i see people driving trucks on the road that have 40s on them. there is this one kid around where i live that has an f250 on 53s and rockwells that is his daily driver. i have pics of it if you want to see

Old 06-20-2010, 02:03 AM

I've been contemplating about switching my 30" tires for 235's. Not much of a difference but with the driving that I do I need more of a road tire and less of a mud tire plus it's easier for a short guy like me to get in and out of my truck and I don't have as much to worry about as far as rolling over is concerned.

I've been a few places where more clearance and bigger tires would have been nice to have but I simply geared down held a good line and drove through just fine. It all comes down to what a person wants to use their truck for.

Now being a craftsman I can appreciate good solid workmanship regardless what it's on. Some trucks look better lifted and others look better lowered as long as it's done right and safely.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by blazerboy001
maybe a little late, but Screwed, that last comment was beautiful. brought a tear to my eye. lol
Lol...