Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

you all better go fill your gas tanks...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:42 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
^^^no, i just think we've all been busy.

but it was a very well stated point.
Again, Thank you

Old 01-24-2010, 01:25 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TFisher

I love how gas price discussions become discussions about politics and the environment.
Ehh, that always happens. Well, ever since the gas rationing days. I hate to think how people today would react to that in todays society. In todays society, you have people that leave the nozzle in thier tank and go in to pre pay, and somebody on the other side of the pump pumps on that persons pump untill they come out and they drive away. And that's with prices around $2.79 for unleaded or so.

Then agian this is the same state where MTV Filmed thier "True Life: I'm addicted to OxyCodone" episode at. WV aint the brightest crayon in the drawer. Taxes out the ***, but the country side is beautiful and I love it. Looking foreward to summer and driving up to New River Gorge Bridge and Hawks Nest and taking some pics of my truck. One thing, I'm still on the same tank of gas as last post.

Don't know if it's where I'm not accelerating as hard now, or what but my MPG seems to have gotten better. Then agian, I'll say that and something will break and cost everything I've saved in gas... and then some.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Ehh, that always happens. Well, ever since the gas rationing days. I hate to think how people today would react to that in todays society. In todays society, you have people that leave the nozzle in thier tank and go in to pre pay, and somebody on the other side of the pump pumps on that persons pump untill they come out and they drive away. And that's with prices around $2.79 for unleaded or so.
WHAT?!?!?!
Does that happen out in the cities or out in the country? Because out in the country, I'd expect the offender would get his tailgate peppered. Oh, and by the way, this big gas-scare, my prices are already coming down again, and premium NEVER crossed $3.00. I love livin' out in the boonies (that have actually turned into suburbs, but don't tell the gas people -- I'm okay with cheap gas!).

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Lucky you Tom, our prices have yet to come down out here. Infact they went up a little.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:01 PM

Yeah Fisher it happens out here quite a bit. I live about 6 miles outside of Charleston city limits. The people out here don't really care about anybody else but themselves.

There was a girl passed out on the side of the road. My buddy saw her, pulled over and called 911 and started CPR. Her pulse was real shallow and she was blue. He said he noticed that cars were slowing down, and then speeding up and that's when he saw her. While he stayed with her, more cars slowed and looked at them, then drove on. No one stopped to help. The paramedics finally came and took her to the ER. He said he ran into the paramedic that showed up a few days later and he said that NO ONE else called the police or anything about it. All those cars stopped and gawked, but no one but him stopped to help or even call paramedics. It makes me mad, but some people will never change.

Gas is down to about 2.69, was at 2.79 yesterday . 2.69 in town, still 2.75 in the country. It's always higher in the rural areas here.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:19 PM

You have a hell of a good friend there. People with good character like that are hard to find. That's comendable on your friend for the action that he took.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:59 PM

Yeah he's a great guy. Give anybody the shirt off his back. He's from the same area as me, wanna see how backwards my area is? Here is a clip from youtube of my buddy, (same guy that helped the girl) riding a wheelie on a 450 LT-R atv on the MAIN ROAD, for a good 1/2-1 mile. Notice no cars really even look at him, don't flash thier lights, nothing. Just another day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDkDE-WKjkE

Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Yeah Fisher it happens out here quite a bit. I live about 6 miles outside of Charleston city limits. The people out here don't really care about anybody else but themselves.

There was a girl passed out on the side of the road. My buddy saw her, pulled over and called 911 and started CPR. Her pulse was real shallow and she was blue. He said he noticed that cars were slowing down, and then speeding up and that's when he saw her. While he stayed with her, more cars slowed and looked at them, then drove on. No one stopped to help. The paramedics finally came and took her to the ER. He said he ran into the paramedic that showed up a few days later and he said that NO ONE else called the police or anything about it. All those cars stopped and gawked, but no one but him stopped to help or even call paramedics. It makes me mad, but some people will never change.

Gas is down to about 2.69, was at 2.79 yesterday . 2.69 in town, still 2.75 in the country. It's always higher in the rural areas here.
You know, we never had to deal with that kind of stuff here until just a few years ago when Montgomery County people started their invasion. Now, people don't even pull over for the ambulance, or everyone pulls over and the person in the back sees it as a chance to pass, so they floor it and take the side out of your car, keep goin -- you can't survive without a V6 anymore, everywhere you go it's a race to nowhere. When you cross the line into Montgo, believe me, there is none of this "fall in behind". If you show weakness, you have to just pull over until rush-hour ends. In Montgo, you are wide open more often than not, then on the capital beltway, you are bumper-to-bumper going upwards of 80MPH. You don't want to watch NASCAR anymore because it reminds you of your daily commute.
Luckily however, our gas hoses are too short to reach the other side (they barely reach YOUR car if you don't put the filler neck right infront of it.).

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-25-2010, 11:30 AM

You don't want to watch NASCAR anymore because it reminds you of your daily commute

Hey now, don't start on NASCAR besides you make a bump draft sound like a bad thing. I draft off of other people all the time.

That's a cool vid minus the music (I guess I'm just old, not into hip hop), try that out here where I live he'd be lucky to get pulled over if not ran over.

Last edited by bigkhans; 01-25-2010 at 11:36 AM.