Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

5/6 static drop?????

Old 04-17-2010, 06:56 PM
sevendust4774 is on a distinguished road
Default 5/6 static drop?????

i just bought a 4 cyl s10 with a 2/3 ik not a blazer but i was jw if i can drop the front without cutting out the front wheel wells and without moving **** around in the engine bay?

Old 04-17-2010, 08:35 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, just do some research on the subject. S10forum.com would be a great place to look since they specialize in just the s-series pickups. But I'll share what I know. You can achieve the 5/6 inch drop you want, but it's not the easiest, cheapist, or best ride ever. My friend has a 96 with the 4.3 vortec. He has that drop.

Achieved it with the following;
Front: 3 inch lowering spindels and 2 inch drop springs. (Or might be 2 inch spindle and 3 inch springs, not sure.)
Rear: 3 inch lowering leaf springs and 3 inch lowering blocks.
Shorter shocks on all four corners.

Now the problems he had was towing and hauling was drasticlly hampered. He had a Suzuki racing 4 wheeler he hauled in the back and the axle would bump the frame on some bumps. You can weld in a C notch into the frame and help eliminate this problem. Another issue he had was the front suspension wearing out on him and loosing alignment frequently. He was a ruthless tire eater and always worried about inspection time because the balljoints/idler arm/pitman arm/caster and camber was always out of whack. But he was very hard on his truck and didn't quite care for it as he should have.

The only time you should be rearanging the engine bay is if you are doing a body drop to go lower or airbags and trying to lay frame or tuck larger sized rims. On a 5/6 drop I wouldnt run a bigger rim than a 18x7 and even then a pretty low pro tire. You might be able to run larger but thats what my buddy ran on his. My specialty is lifting but I have some general knowledge of lowering also. But like I said search around here and check out S10forum.com also.
Hope this helps you out some!