Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

drop question

Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Beginning Member
lilsilver04 is on a distinguished road
Default drop question

i have an 04 2 door blazer, 2wd. i want to lower it about 3/4". i just dont really want to pay an arm and leg for the belltech spindles. i found a 3/4 spring and block kit online, but they told me i'd have camber up front with the 3" springs. my question, has anyone just done the springs up front and been able to correct out the alignment and camber?

i did a 3/4 drop on my 03 s10 pickup and used the spring, spindle, and block kit....the spindles corrected the geometry. it rode like a cadillac. i'd like to acheive that same setup, without breaking the bank on the spindles.

FYI - chevy changed the design of the brakes one year, thus making the spindle a custom made thing that only belltech offers......incase someone doesn't know that.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Starting Member
95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I have a 95 4 door that I bought lowered. It is MUCH lower in the front than the back and I have 3' blocks on the back- so maybe 4 or 5. It looks like whoever did it just cut the springs. It literally rides on the bumpstops. I plan on putting taller springs on it and drop spindles when $ allows but I had it aligned yesterday with no problems. Just rides a little rough lol

Old 03-11-2010, 08:31 PM
FIXVET is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lilsilver04 View Post
i have an 04 2 door blazer, 2wd. i want to lower it about 3/4". i just dont really want to pay an arm and leg for the belltech spindles. i found a 3/4 spring and block kit online, but they told me i'd have camber up front with the 3" springs. my question, has anyone just done the springs up front and been able to correct out the alignment and camber?

i did a 3/4 drop on my 03 s10 pickup and used the spring, spindle, and block kit....the spindles corrected the geometry. it rode like a cadillac. i'd like to acheive that same setup, without breaking the bank on the spindles.

FYI - chevy changed the design of the brakes one year, thus making the spindle a custom made thing that only belltech offers......incase someone doesn't know that.
A bump for ya!! I'd like to know more about this too.