Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Lowering The Front...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Lucky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lowering The Front...

I have a 1997 4wd blazer LS, and want a 1-2 inch drop in the front. I know its not much, but its just a personal preference on stance that I am going for. From what i have read I can do something with the torsion bar, but i dont really understand the concept of torsion bar keys, or where to get them... So can any of you help me? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Lowering The Front...

im not 100% sure on this but as far as i know, the torsion bar acts as a sort of spring. when the front wheels move up and down the bar twists. the bars are very strong and will always try to twist back to their original position thus pushing the wheel back to the ground. the bars have adjustments on them in order to compensate forweak barsor any kind of sagging that may occur. they usually allow for about 2" up or down. im not sure about lowering but for lifting you dont need any aftermarket keys, im assuming the same goes for lowering. if you get down under your truck and find the torsion bars. follow them to the very back and their should be a bolt almost perpindicular to the ground. tightening the bolt will lift and loosening the bolt will lower.
https://blazerforum.com/m_49699/tm.htm
https://blazerforum.com/m_78641/tm.htm
both of those somewhat explain the procedure but they are also for lifting.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Lucky13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there only one bolt for the whole thing or does each side have a bolt??

Old 10-09-2007, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

each side has a bolt.

from what i've read, 4 complete turnswill raise/loweran inch. i havent done anything to mine yet, im waiting till i can afford an alignment

also, im not sure about lowering but for lifting, cranking the tbars will wear out the front suspension much faster

Old 10-09-2007, 09:21 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Reaad this post through:
https://blazerforum.com/m_49699/tm.htm