Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Theoretical Build - S/C + Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:54 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road
Default Theoretical Build - S/C + Nitrous

Hey guys,

I've seen plenty of threads involving forced induction on the 4.3L, not so much for nitrous but the nitrous kits are pretty easy to install.

The question I have is, what would be involved if I wanted my '98 4.3 to run 7psi s/c and have the bottle on top of that for spurts of power if I ever go for 1/4mi times?

I can see the marine intake swap being the best way to go for the fueling issue but I'm not sure if that would affect a nitrous kit designed for the stock 4.3L intake. Not sure how an FMU would react to the bottle either.

A nitrous wet shot of course adds fuel on top of the injectors but does the ratio of nitrous to fuel need to be changed under pressure?

Would this run well on stock internals? By "well" I mean daily driver suitable. I dont want a 10% chance of throwing a rod every time I go to the grocery store because I hit the bottle a bit the day before. We've established the 4.3's are reliable under boost alone but whats the biggest shot of nitrous you can add on top of that before things get iffy?

Sorry if I blabbered a bit. If I ever came into a good bit of money this would be what I want to do though. Constant power of forced induction with the occasional blast from the nitrous.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I've read/heard the internals of the 4.3 are good for 350 HP at the flywheel. As for the NO2 shot, I haven't delved into that yet & probably won't. The supercharger I have & the marine intake (hopefully the intake goes on next week) will be the power increase I want/need for towing the boat in the summer. I already have an extra 40-45HP at the rear wheels with just the Wynjammer.

<edit> Getting it dyno tuned would probably be the best bet as to getting it tuned properly with the aftermarket goodies. That way they can see what the engine is doing & what adjustments are needed as they're plugged into it as it runs.

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-20-2010 at 11:07 PM.