Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

wow thats not bad at all. I'm sure there will be more than noticeable gains with that.

I've been wanting to ask you too, do you ever plan on making custom brackets for your bumpers to match the body lift? I'd like to get a 3" body lift if I could make some bumper brackets...

Last edited by Benedict1337; 11-05-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Oh yeah it moves a LOT easier now. It's kind of tough not to get into the throttle though lol.
As for the bumper brackets, No, the rear has to stay at stock height because the class III hitch is incorporated with the bumper brackets. Saturday I'm going to make some fillers out of expanded aluminum & aluminum checker plate to fill the gaps, then take them for powdercoating.

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-09-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
Wink Update

Finding the Bosch pigtails for EV6 injectors is a biotch. No shop I can find has them & I want new rather than out of a junkyard. Junkyard ones may have issues with the weatherpacks & I want them to seal, no worries of grounding out, water etc.

I have to get that intake manifold on because it's starving at 4500rpm+ & when I hauled the boat (on Nov. 7 unheard of - boating in Nov. in Manitoba lol) the knock sensors kicked in, retarded the ignition & kept me at 110 km/h 68 mp/h, even when I tried the peddle down for a few seconds. I was hauling the boat so it was working harder than normal & needed the fuel for the 6psi of air it was getting = No Go! lol

So with that intake & all 6 - 36lb injectors feeding fuel (possibly a high volume fuel pump, gotta check on the flow rate #'s) it should have no issues 'picking it up' on the highway & nevermind just day to day driving, it already moves a lot better.

Today I drove it home from work in a semi manual mode... left it in 1st in clogged traffic & pushed it a bit past where it would normally shift (compression braking a bit too) - wow! I'm thinking of getting the trans. rebuilt w/stage 2 shift kit & a Corvette servo so I keep the transmission in check, don't melt belts/clutches & it can handle a bit of abuse & more power. Maybe even a passive cooler - the kind with the fins & made from aluminum, to cool the tranny better.

The people that STOP, Turn their heads & look for a Subaru or w/e around is funny, then they see me back up from a parking spot & hear that it's that Blazer sounding like that - more than a few had the "scratching their head" kinda look on their face. AKA WTF

<You know you love your Blazer when - people think the sound they hear is from a car from The fast & the Furious>

With the intake it should be right up there with very decent power & performance through-out the gears. Awsome for what I want it to do - hauling the boat. Not to mention the oddity of a supercharged Blazer, thats cool too.

Thats my update... cest la vie

Old 11-14-2010, 09:30 PM
BF Veteran

Found the actual pigtails for my injectors yesterday! Talk about happy OMFG, when my friend gets back from Las Vegas & installs the intake (lil bit of phucking around to make it work) & I can co-ordonate that being done, tow truck & the dyno tune = Tom will be a happy man with his blazer getting all the fuel it needs. If the stock fuel pump can feed the 36lb Bosch injectors. It should be capable of enough line pressure & flow... if not guess what - new high flow fuel pump!

But that's the way things go... you want taller tires you have to start at the end - what does that take? I want more power, that involves the Wynjammer, more fuel & how it's delivered...
Taller tires, more room below the rear diff. & frame = BL, SL, trimming/cutting... it's never ending lol - so 'You know you love your Blazer when...'

Old 11-15-2010, 06:38 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Just plan awesome! Since I saw your sig say supercharger, Everytime I hear my alternator whine through my speakers, I wish it was a supercharger. Maybe a vid of you, the blazer and an empty parking lot?

Old 11-15-2010, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Just plan awesome! Since I saw your sig say supercharger, Everytime I hear my alternator whine through my speakers, I wish it was a supercharger. Maybe a vid of you, the blazer and an empty parking lot?
Thanks man!
Yeah it's a sound I'm getting used to, buddy says it's annoying, I say NO - it's HP man!!! (he drives a Windstar family go-getter 3.8L)

& Lol not yet... I got it not for abuse ya know, it's to tow the boat in the summer & pass the 90 km/h people on the windey roads when we want to go 120.

But yeah, it's fun so far... I KNOW I'm going to get that tranny rebuilt or a 2nd stage shift kit in it with a corvette servo so I don't fry the 2nd gear belt, it's just sofaking cool shifting manually & hearing it whine up & feeling the boost!
With only 45+- hp to the rear wheels it does put you back & you feel it! I can't wait to get the intake installed with its injectors & it finally has the fuel to match the air... wow, should be good for a solid 60+ hp to the rear wheels. (I hope I'm under rating that)

Speaking of the speakers' sound - got a ground isolator/cap for that?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl0YwGxOJms the vid is a lil long, sorry & it's (the Wynjammer) not as loud as that with the hood closed, but ffs when I heard a vehicle in the shop on the dyno I thought <wow, that sounds awsome!, I wish mine had that!> then my salesman was off the phone & asked if I wanted to go see my truck - D'OH lol

<edit> btw, even with the 32" mudders that are aftermarket siped, 3:42 rear, I can light them up with 1/2 - 3/4 throttle now (on wet roads even with the posi they break lose, mudders aren't that great on wet roads even with the extra siping I got), before I had to be turning & peddle to the floor damn near & passing is not an issue, more a gratification lol

Last edited by Rottidog; 12-22-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:06 PM
BF Veteran

Got the Blazer in the shop next tuesday for the marine intake install & Wolf will tune the PCM afterwards on the dyno for the injectors etc. Talk about being pumped up! (barring any issues) Zed... Maybe a parking lot, vid cam, Streblo & the Blazers mucking around might be in order. Got the trans rebuilt last week http://www.blazerforum.com/forum/sho...34401&page=228 & it's uber strong for towing or whatever I feel like tossing at it. They built it like they do for 1/2 ton chevy's that go off road & have some abuse tossed at them - so I should be fine with the hopefully 220+- RWHP. Got 180 RWHP now.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:57 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Nice, about time you got that intake, stoked to hear how it goes! Some snow and im all for that!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:59 PM
BF Veteran
Thumbs up Intake update

Got the intake installed yesterday & today. Mechanic had some issues finding proper fittings & a good quality fuel line with the proper fittings so there aren't any leaks. Like I'd want gas spewing all over then engine at 60 PSI - PASSSSSSS!
It fired right up 1st try, awsome!! Runs OK right now but it's running rich with the PCM tuned to run the fuel high with the spyder, but now it has the 6 Bosch 36lb injectors so we'll see how it turns out after the dyno tune tomorrow.
After I get it back tomorrow maybe I'll run the split looms for the wires etc & take/post some pics. I'll also send my camera & get the salesman to take a vid or 2 of it on the dyno & I want one from the other side of the shop. It sounded great in the lobby when they had it on the dyno last time so I'll ask him to get one just for sound from there as well.

Last edited by Rottidog; 12-22-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:15 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Nice! Can't wait!

Quick Reply: What to call this thread? "yummy"?!, "oh-sofaking-good"!?