Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

is 33s good enuff for mudding

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

With the mods listed from the OP, he should be able to clear 33's with some trimming. However, I believe his intent on posting was to find out if 33's were good enough for mudding, not whether he should mod his truck or not.

My original reply had nothing to do with if he had a ZR2 or not but that the type of tire your run has more importance than size. I simply stated that 31's work just fine with the proper tread.

I still don't understand Bandido's reply as he tells him it costs too much to mod, then states he wants to do a SFA?!?

Hence, me not understanding his logic. The way I see it, anyone can do anything they want with their truck, be it lowering a 4X or lifting a 2X. It's their money and their taste.

But when someone asks an opinion, such as tire size for mudding, I don't understand why another member would state it's not worth it due to the cost of modding the truck to fit the tires. That was not the question stated.

Truth be told, for real mudding, the biggest tire on the market is the best to use. Yes, it will cost mucho $$$ to fit them, but if you want to get in the serious mud you need them.

Not to start a pissing contest, but to each their own on how they want to use their truck.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:40 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Ummmm...that is called modifying a vehicle, which is usually a never ending quest. Of course it will cost more money.

Sorry, I'm just not following your logic on this.
What I meant was, someone who is "new to off-roading" might just want to enjoy getting their treads muddy before diving in winch fir$t. In other words... have fun and learn before they commit to spending hordes of money.
Or not... it's their truck... Build away! and send pics!