Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

blazer's off-road ability

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: blazer's off-road ability

The whole flat thing isn't good for gas mileage... H2's get like 9 - 12MPG on the highway... Not towing

Old 03-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

well if your taking bout hummers that different anyone seen the video on youtube of the hummer with the jeeps the hummers axle snaped. pretty funny cuz jeeps go throw it like butter just pasing the hummer

i use to like jeep like the grand cherreke that was the 1st car i wanted yes they do look nice lifted with 33's but from past family ownership on everyone the tranmisson droped, and abounch of other crap with them thats why my stepdad kinda got me away from them, if anyone been on yotatech.com its the toyota forums they dislike the jeeps alot.

i just personally would rather have a blazer then a jeep and propply a ford before jeep and i kinda am ashamed becouse i like the solid axle the jeeps have and i really dislike ford alotbut its just what i would rather have

Old 03-30-2008, 08:30 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

95% of that Hummer breaking was the idiot driver, lol.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Blazer man1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys thanks for all the great feedback. so sounds like the blazers are pretty good off-road, but not quite a jeep, but close. good to know!

Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

fla_blazer4x4, my jeep was an older model.... one still made by AMC before Dodge took over well technically diamler-chrysler...... the older Full size jeeps (like my J-10) were sweet... I wouldn't have a new one...

Old 03-31-2008, 08:19 AM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

o got you, yea i think when chrysler took over its more toward looks cuz everytime a jeep/dodge comercoul comes on they just talk about the powertran warrity and its sleek design. and how much room it has, i just think trucks/cars arent really built like they use to back in the day like the old z71 are so much nicer then the new ones out,

Old 03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
dopezr2 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a BLAZER ZR2 and its got 12k miles and it goes through alot and is real tough but with ifs they are not as good as a jeep wrangler or cherokke with the same amount of lift

Old 03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

lwill only call an h1 a real hummer, and they would dominate almost every truck out their stock if not all, the h2s are big *** suvs, they cant even make it over a 3 foot snow bank
ORIGINAL: drperry

95% of that Hummer breaking was the idiot driver, lol.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I love it when opinion blinds fact.

H2s might not be worth $50,000 in offroading ability, but a stock H2 compared to any other production model suv...and the H2 will outpreform. The video with the inexperienced driver was originally posted to show the H2s notorious poorly-designed tie rods.

And do you realize how rediculous that is...it can't make it over a 3 foot snow bank? It can climb over 30' vertical wall, I'm pretty sure a snow bank wouldn't be much trouble.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

im just saying i believe h1's are by far the best off roader ever made stock ( i mean the high end models the ones with inflating/deflating tires, etc) not saying h2s are nessary bad, but im saying i dont believe they live up to the hummer name, i watch an entire show on the history channel i thinkl about them, they can climb up to 60 degree slopes

Quick Reply: blazer's off-road ability