Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

I got a call the other night..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Jimister is on a distinguished road
Talking I got a call the other night..

So I was just about to sit down and enjoy some amazing baby back ribs that my mother had been preparing all day. That's when the phone rang. I got a call that my friend was burried in a hole out in a place we go muddin every once in awhile. Being that they're were ribs just about to be on the table, it took a lot of convincing to myself to drive the 20 minute or so drive to go get him. He had been stuck out there for a couple hours and wasn't making any progress and it was just starting to get cold, so i got all my stuff together and headed out. I got out there and i found him in a creek full of soft mud. He came down to the main road and hopped in my 94 Jimmy and showed me the way to get to him. He had never been in there and i was haulin on the backroads and he said "Man i wish i could take these bumps and ruts like you" I just smiled to myself and continued to drive. we got to his Jeep (which is a 99 cherokee with a small lift and a bunch of money into it. This kid thinks nothing can come close to his jeep) and it was sure enough sunk to the bumpers in mud. None of us there thought the Jimmy would get it out. But after a few tugs and some digging. 5 minutes later i gave er hell and yanked that jeep right out the hole. Then the 2 kids that were with him rode back with me cuz they didn't want to get stuck again. And the whole reason im posting this is cuz of this quote just before i left "Man i have a whole new respect for that Jimmy, my jeep couldn't of handled most of that stuff you went thru to get here" So i was a very happy kid, and now a member of the "Jeep recovery team"

Sorry no pics boys.. it was dark and i just wanted to get home to my ribs!

Oh Btw.. My Jimmy is a 94 thats all stock except for a shackle lift with crager wheels and somewhat decent tires.

Last edited by Jimister; 01-22-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:26 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Can we at least have pics of the ribs?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Jimister is on a distinguished road

I shoulda taken some of those.. but unfortunetly they are allll gone.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Lol, just another great story on why Chevy is the best.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:20 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea that and a vehicle can only do so much , it has alot to do with the way you drive . My buddy was burried in my swampy corn field with his big chevy (355 race engine standard tranny , 33 inch tires ) and I drove circles around him with my little 94 4 door s10 blazer .Till I blew the transmission dip stick out and got transmission fluid on my headers , instant fire . But it lived to fight another day so all good .I had to pull him out with the tractor , and I still take friends for rides through there. I think I should get a camera just for the Blazer because all the real good stuff happens when I don't have it .

Old 01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by atvwarrior
Yea that and a vehicle can only do so much , it has alot to do with the way you drive . My buddy was burried in my swampy corn field with his big chevy (355 race engine standard tranny , 33 inch tires ) and I drove circles around him with my little 94 4 door s10 blazer .Till I blew the transmission dip stick out and got transmission fluid on my headers , instant fire . But it lived to fight another day so all good .I had to pull him out with the tractor , and I still take friends for rides through there. I think I should get a camera just for the Blazer because all the real good stuff happens when I don't have it .
Amen, brother. I gotta get one myself.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jimister
I shoulda taken some of those.. but unfortunetly they are allll gone.
well...i guess you better get some more then!

Originally Posted by atvwarrior
My buddy was burried in my swampy corn field with his big chevy (355 race engine standard tranny , 33 inch tires ) and I drove circles around him with my little 94 4 door s10 blazer .
apples to oranges brother. regardless of how cool it was to do that.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 AM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a similar story a few kids were stuck behind my house in about 3 feet of snow with their 2 door 4x4 jimmy, I went out got in my 4x4 Canyon drove and right up to them. I hooked a recovery strap to their front tow hook and the other end to my front tow hook, put it in reverse and backed them right out like nothing.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly without a good set of lockers they are both in the same boat. You can have 36' tires and 12' of lift and not make it through a puddle. I've seen my vehicle and a jeep with 33"s do the same in one instance but truth be told they can flex more and more ground clearance. You 4door guys know what I'm talking about