Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Looking to Lift - Can I increase my tire size?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Goat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Looking to Lift - Can I increase my tire size?!?

yea, thats what i ment.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 AM

If you dont mind doing a little fender trimming to put on larger tires and don't do a body or suspention lift you still would gain ground clearance. thanks Kyle.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea I guess your right, but the suspension lift will drop those arms 2 inches lower which will give you 2 more inches under the diff since the whole front of the truck is now sitting higher. You see on the big 6-inch suspension lifts they give you all new arms that are wider so that you can gain the ground clearance with out putting new tires on. Yes, bigger tires does play a big role in gaining clearance but I have a hard time believing you if you said a suspension lift wont give you any clearance without bigger tires. I may be wrong, but I have installed lift kits on atvs more then a dozen times and you gain a lot of clearance with just adding a suspension lift. Yes, I know atvs are a lot different from blazers lol. If I am wrong about this please clear me up, this is just what I have learned and I am by no mean a mechanic so I am always open to people correcting me.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:21 PM

No your right. a suspention lift will give you more clearance under your truck and with independent front, your right, i will give you more clearance. I have a solid front axle so we're diffrent. The diffs will drag without bigger tires. The point i was trying to make is ground clearance is almost directly realted to the radius of your tires. Bigger tires= ground clearance. But your right about independant front ends. But i'm no mechanic either, just have my own experiance. Still learning.