Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

new to off roading

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Starting Member
Jfutch101 is on a distinguished road
Default new to off roading

i have a stock suspention blazer and i need to know tips of wheeling because i dont want to ruin my truck

please lmk thanks

Old 05-17-2009, 05:09 PM
ghost is on a distinguished road

Don't try any big water holes... You'll get stuck in the ruts of hell & a tow truck will have to rescue you. Any tires at least? Trail riding in the stock suspension is pretty fun, if ya got tires MUD wholes are sweet. Whatcha got?

Old 05-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Beginning Member
Cyron is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have some kinda locker in the rear? if not thats one of the best upgrades, and tires. if you dont have a winch/other people to pull you out keep to the smaller stuff. It can be very deceiving on how hard some things are to get though.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Beginning Member
Cyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ghost
Don't try any big water holes... You'll get stuck in the ruts of hell & a tow truck will have to rescue you. Any tires at least? Trail riding in the stock suspension is pretty fun, if ya got tires MUD wholes are sweet. Whatcha got?
damn you i was typing and you must have posted JUST before me lol.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Starting Member

i have stock highway tires now, im planing on getting bfgoodrich all terrains ive gone through some water holes but the trail was all ruts my truck bonces around alot i want to know if its bad on ur suspention when i rocks back and forth like an earthquake lol

i just ordered a safari bar anything bad about that? and i need to instal 2in body lift

Old 05-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Cyron
do you have some kinda locker in the rear? if not thats one of the best upgrades, and tires. if you dont have a winch/other people to pull you out keep to the smaller stuff. It can be very deceiving on how hard some things are to get though.

youll probally call me a noob but whats a locker and what does it do im planning on getting a come along and straps

Old 05-17-2009, 06:47 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jfutch101
youll probally call me a noob but whats a locker and what does it do im planning on getting a come along and straps

A locker is a rear differential locker. Locks the rear wheels together so both have pulling power, not just one like on an open diff.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by oisinirish
A locker is a rear differential locker. Locks the rear wheels together so both have pulling power, not just one like on an open diff.
i have no clue if i have that ive been riding ind auto 4wd

Old 05-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

If you look in your glove box the RPO code for a posi locking rear end is g80. Best tip is to never ride alone, dont go into water above the top of your bumper, and instead of beating the crap out of your truck trying to get unstuck just take a pull from your friend.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:22 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

a easy way to tell if you have a g80 is see if you have a full sized -stock- spare tire. This is not a for shure why of telling but all g80 equipped trucks came with a full sized spare

Quick Reply: new to off roading