Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

new to off roading

Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 AM
ghost is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by okvortec
Id just be careful everywhere... unless you are POSITIVE about the water wholes you are about to fly through. Take it from someone who's tried it, looks can be deceiving.
Deceiving... Never... Water is perfectly harmless...

My 89 K5 has a 4 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body, and 36 Super Swampers...

Here is me last week:

Here's my Blazer outta water so you can tell the difference.

All I'm tryin to apply here, is to be careful.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Starting Member
Jfutch101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by okvortec
Id just be careful everywhere... unless you are POSITIVE about the water wholes you are about to fly through. Take it from someone who's tried it, looks can be deceiving.
yea i know, if i think its too deep or what ever ill get out and get a near by stick and see the depth to check out that it doesnt go too deep

Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Starting Member

ok thank you all but i still need someone to answer my one question will it ruin mt truck if i go offroading ie ruts and bouncing around and other stuff cause i dont want to damage my truck that i use on and off road plus i dont have the money to ruin it

Old 05-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That really depends on how you drive. You can break a truck on pavement. You sure as heck can break things offroading if you are not careful. It all comes down to how you treat your truck.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If you're so worried about it (you've asked that question about 3 times now) then you shouldn't bother going. If it's something you're seriously worried about it's best to stay off the trails.
There are so many variables to factor in, there is no yes or no answer to your question. You have to consider the trail you're going to, how you're going to drive, how fast, what kind to tires you have, etc. etc.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jfutch101
ok thank you all but i still need someone to answer my one question will it ruin mt truck if i go offroading ie ruts and bouncing around and other stuff cause i dont want to damage my truck that i use on and off road plus i dont have the money to ruin it
Absolutely it can ruin your truck IF you don't know what you are doing. Here's a friend of a friend. 93 ram charger. He listened to the wrong person. Took in water and broke his starter and so far we don't know what else. Also a friend of ours has a 2001 blazer he didn't listen and went his own way and hit so hard he stalled. We towed him back through the forest and got him started BUT he broke a motor mount cracked his starter and needed a new throttle position sensor.
Edit: here's the Blazer

Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Starting Member

ok thanks im not worried about riding i just dont want to do it if it will break my truck

thing that i will do when off roading is

only drive that i think my truck can do if i can get out see what is a head or see how deep it is
drive slow trough ruts and rougher areas
dont be stupid
get off road tires (how are bfgoodrich all terrains wear and performance)
i think i got it all if i didnt plz tell me more

Old 05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jfutch101
get off road tires (how are bfgoodrich all terrains wear and performance)
i think i got it all if i didnt plz tell me more
Bfg's are pretty great for on and off road. We have them and just about everyone that rides with us has them also. Also if you do go out expect the unexpected. S*** happens. Things break even when you'd think they wouldn't. Just be prepared for anything when and if you do go out.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

just prepare for the worst and hope for the best, like stated earlier theres no way to really know whats going to happen. just dont go out by urself and always carry a few tow straps with you.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Starting Member

ok thanks i went out yesterday and when i came back i heard this noise it sounds like theres something rubbing but theres nothing there to rub the sound sounds like mud tires on the high way but i have stock tires and it just started any ideas what it could be

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new to off roading