Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

off roading with trailer + stuck hummer

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Beginning Member
rebelchevy is an unknown quantity at this point

they still do make the blazer search on here i have seen it the only sell them in south america though

Old 02-18-2010, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

it's an H3... i'm surprised he made it that far...

*EDIT*
looked back at the pics and that is actually kind of a neat H3. You see, it is a first year, ORIGINAL H3. Look at the center caps on the wheels. The "HUMMER" tab is blacked out. every year following has full "alloy" looking center caps, and even dealerships can't get them anymore. *fun fact*

he probably got stuck reaching for the nearly impossible to use window control on the early H3's also

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-18-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Starting Member
DaveC is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Those tires don't look to be the best on the H3. No wonder he got stuck.
yea they were real ****y he really shouldn't have been stuck

Originally Posted by greenjimmy
nice jimmy, how does it pull with the trailer behind it? as for the hummer, it looks like the standard model, not the offroad pkg. one. you know, if gm were to bring the blazer back, i would like to see it on the h3 chassis. they arnt as different as our blazer/jimmys and i think gm will have a hardcore offroader again if the do this route. but hey, its too easy to do so gm probably wont do it. sry for the rant, its just that gm has everything they need to bring the blazer/jimmys back.
dont even notice the trailer unless its fully loaded and even then its more on braking that you notice it then accelerating i love this truck.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

i hear ya on the trailer, it surprises me how well my truck pull with heavy trailers. the heavies i've pulled on a trailer was my brother's crappy benz with a blown tranny on a uhal car trailer. little over the 5,000lbs mark and my truck pulled it with ease.

i know they still make the blazer in south america, what i am sayin is gm should bring the blazer/jimmy back on the hummer chassis bc it is a very cable platform. from what i understand, gm doesnt have a mid-sized body on fram truck based suv. with the blazer/jimmy being built on the h3's chassis then gm will have a car for that market(the new 4runner, the xterra, liberty, etc). there are still a market for this kind of suv, look how many of us use our trucks like a truck? hauling things, offroading, helping ppl etc. sry for the rant again, i just wish gm will get there head out of there a$$ and put stuff that ppl want.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:30 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rebelchevy
they still do make the blazer search on here i have seen it the only sell them in south america though

that is NOT a Blazer!!! just because it has the name still, and the body shape doesn't make it one-did you even look @ the frontend of it? that's been debated so much it's not funny!

and Dave, i was all excited when i read the thread title, but then saw that crapy H3, and just laughed @ him-especially when you see the tires he's riding on!

Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

tires are everything.

I cant believe he was stuck.

Hola Joe. Hows the wheeling been lately?