Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Shale Pit Fun!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shale Pit Fun!

I had to go down to my dad's place today to snap some pictures of a few parts off of my donor Suburban so I figured I'd go up to his shale pit and have a little fun.

Here are the pics:

Old 05-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road

looks like you had yourself a good time!!!!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:05 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice...You got it remote controlled too?!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Took all of about 10 minutes to snap all of those pics. Had to get out each time though! LOL.

There were a few places where I wished I could have stopped mid-run and snap some pictures. I will have to take the video camera down there next time and set it up.

Last weekend there was a lot more water in the bottom of it. That small hole in the corner is actually around 10 feet deep so I stayed clear of that!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Said it before and I'll say it again.

I heart full convertibles.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Said it before and I'll say it again.

I heart full convertibles.
I am just waiting for a bit better weather to pop the top!

I am still surprised at how much flex the frame does as opposed to the body. You can see it in a few of the pictures where the grill area is flexed different than the bumper. I thought I had broke/bent something until I looked at some of the other pictures where the frame is flexed the opposite direction and the gap was on the other side. It is much more noticeable with the body lift.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

Always fun to get off the main road! Nice pictures!!