Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Stock Muddin' is not the ish!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:37 AM
ThisSideUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stock Muddin' is not the ish!!!

So, It flash flooded here in good ol kansas and i decided to go muddin with my friend in my stock 95 2 door.... My friend has a 2 door taho with a 6 inch lift and 35s. He went through and looked good, so i decided to go.... About two hundred feet in im at a dead stop.... I could not get out and ive driven alot of other cars on this road. By the way, the road is a public no maintenance road... that means its used for muddin and nothing else. I get out, and the mud is too my knees.... and im 6'2'! We tried for about two hours to get it out but it was still raining and just getting worse. We gave up for the night, i locked my car, and we decided to come back in the morning... We get up to get it this morning and the car is gone.... not there and no tracks..... wow! We go to the police station to report it and he tells me to call the sherriff, who tells me my car was considerd dangerous and impounded. It was considered dangerous because he couldnt see the 30 day tag taped in the back window. So, my car was towed on the fourth of july and impounded. I called the wrecker and he said it would be $170 plus 30 for the impound.... ouch! So i got my car out, and started driving home, on the way im pulled over by another sherriff who couldnt see the tag, he too said not to but it outside because of theft, but to tape it somewhere better(all my windows are tinted the same!???). So i get home, go to work. While im at work my mom calls. Apparently a local cop came to the door and handed her a ticket for havin an un tagged car on the street..... That is how my day went!

Sorry for the long post, but the moral of the story is no stock blazer mudding!

Old 07-12-2005, 02:59 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stock Muddin' is not the ish!!!

$200 dollar to get your rig pulled out of the mud isn't a bad price.

I would contest the no tag tickets. You have them and just because the state cannot get you plates fast enough is not oyur fault. Just because your windows are tinted is not oyur fualt, and just becuase the state issues temp tags that cannot be seen or get ripped off is not your fualt. You did what you where supposed to do. Fight it.

I take my stock S10-Blazers wheeling all the time. In fact I am going this weekend to the Badlands OffRoad Park in Attica, IN. Should be a blast, its been raining all day today, should make for some decent mud holes to play in. I'll post up pics when I get them developed.

Old 07-14-2005, 09:33 PM
ThisSideUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Stock Muddin' is not the ish!!!

Awesome... yeah i havent been ticketed yet. Again the wichita cops keep saying to tape it in the back window so it wont get stolen and they dont give me crap... Its when i get pulled over in te suburbs that i get messed with. Luckily AAA covered everything but the impound fees so i was only out $30. Was a pretty good deal!