Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

97 grill swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
Blazer 1:1 is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear from you guy's.
We all know that grill was not for 2 door Blazer's only. And to also include the pickup's had it.
I'm saying that I know of, 2 door Blazer's only had this front end for the '95, '96', '97 years.

Again, please add to or correct me. I'm a newbe here!

Yes, these Blazer's are common for now and 4 door Blazer's far out sold 2 door Blazer's. If you're really going to keep your Blazer, as the decades pass what type of surviving Blazer's do you think will be more rare and of more value? That's why I would keep it original and not do a grill swap. But that's just me. To each his own!

Last edited by Blazer 1:1; 01-12-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i disagree. vehicles are produced in higher numbers than say... in the 60's. so these will never gain in any kind of considerably valuable way.

also, the pic i posted is a four dr with the grille you speak of and recessed sealed beam HLs.
95.5-97 2 dr/4dr had no difference in the grille-ular region.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
i disagree. vehicles are produced in higher numbers than say... in the 60's. so these will never gain in any kind of considerably valuable way.

also, the pic i posted is a four dr with the grille you speak of and recessed sealed beam HLs.
95.5-97 2 dr/4dr had no difference in the grille-ular region.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks again to everyone that has responded to this and my other posts.
The knowledgeable and friendly members who post here, plus the amazing amount of information that the site contains is remarkable.

Also about those 2 door Blazers for '95, '96, '97.... was composite headlights and body side molding available?

Those 2 door model kits of '95, '96, '97 issued then are molded to have it, as shown.

Or should this be posted in the "General Chat" forum.

Thanks again in advance, as I'm not here everyday.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blazer 1:1
Also about those 2 door Blazers for '95, '96, '97.... was composite headlights and body side molding available?

Those 2 door model kits of '95, '96, '97 issued then are molded to have it, as shown.

actually, they just simplified the model (easier for building), but the actual truck had seperate HL/corner lens.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Just incase you want to see; click my signature to get to my album; in there youll find pics of sealed beam to composite conversion.

Also I have a complete grill and headlight setup for sealed beams, let me know if anyone is in need of it, id let it go cheap!

Old 01-15-2010, 01:22 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Don't dump it Monkey! It'll be worth $$$ soon!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by FlatTopFoley
lol I have that model set, need to put it together one of these days.
Cool!

Foley... as for these models I have two '95s, two '96s and four '97s for now.

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
actually, they just simplified the model (easier for building), but the actual truck had seperate HL/corner lens.
old skool, thanks for your input. I'm going to change the models to be factory correct and someday I'll post pictures.

Do you still have your '70 Dart Swinger? My next door neighbor (now deceased) had a '70 Dodge Dart, not the Swinger but it was a sleeper. I think about that car. I should get the kit model of it.

Originally Posted by Ugly_Monkey
Just incase you want to see; click my signature to get to my album; in there youll find pics of sealed beam to composite conversion.

Also I have a complete grill and headlight setup for sealed beams, let me know if anyone is in need of it, id let it go cheap!
Originally Posted by ABN31B
Don't dump it Monkey! It'll be worth $$$ soon!
I agree, but not soon! It's only 13 or 14 years old.

With two lane mileage my front is blasted with road sand, winter rock salt and stones. My windshield has stone stars. I'll be replacing grills and windshields through the years, just for looks. A purest would get genuine new parts. To me, my '97 is a spent time and money pit compared to my '87 and it's just to keep it like original and running, but I'll never sell it. Maybe someday I'll personalize it. I'll share what I do and have done to it later on the forums.