Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bed liner as a paint job

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:15 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
(i may just borrow that look instead of the roll-on rockers )
I'm definately borrowing that look

Old 12-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Beginning Member
Blazerkid19 is on a distinguished road

heres how i did mine. i have a 96 blazer that came to me with the top half red and the bottom half like tan/gold. looked like crap. took some tape and masked the red and everything else i didnt want painted. scuffed the tan with 60 grit cuz you want a vary rough surface, sprayed down a very thin coat of flat black rattle can pait for a base then bought 2 quarts of that hurculiner stuff from wally world ans a roller (much cheaper that way, trust me) then rolled it all on. took me a while and it smells aweful. wear something you dont care about cuz that **** gets EVERYWHERE. i was peelin off rubber chunks for a week! not sure how to upload pics but if you got to my albums you can see it there. hope it helped

Old 12-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

Saw a Wrangler painted like that and it didn't look bad from a distance but up close it looked absolutely horrible

Old 12-13-2009, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

yeah, thats the problem with the bedliner paint. if you use the gritty stuff, it looks awesome on the trail and when it's not your rig and you see it from some distance.

as soon as you get close, it's rough on the eyes....

That's why i liked the spray on look warthogdriver got. (rattle can, not spray gun BTW)

Old 12-14-2009, 10:27 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

actually i used the 17.00 a can dupont stuff at autozone....just not much texture in it. plus i only brushed it on . roller really didnt work on the curved surfaces to well.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Bails27 is on a distinguished road
Default Bedlined Rockers

I know this is an older post, but if you want to see what it looks like when Line-X'd, I thought I would assist. Yes it was costly, but I like the way it looks, and my Blaze does a lot of offroad driving... Hope this helps you decide which route to take.

Attached Thumbnails Bed liner as a paint job-texas-028-resize.jpg  
Old 04-06-2010, 10:23 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

looks good.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Beginning Member
devilman414 is on a distinguished road

hello for those of you that have access to srpay equip. and commpresser UPOL makes a spray on bedliner it is called RAPTOR that can be applied with a 2.1 size orfice spraygun it comes in several colors and a tintable one that you can make almost any color you can also reduce it down to remove some of the textuer it has a semi gloss sheen to it so dont expect a show car shine. thanks and good luck

Old 04-11-2010, 10:48 PM
latreille89 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, new here and just checking out the site.. I just got Line X to do my blazer a few days ago, looks amazing and tough as nails. Plus its warrantied for life not to chip or crack.

Hope that helps any one interested in doing this. Results were great.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

Why didn't you do the front bumper too? Looks incomplete the way it is.

Quick Reply: Bed liner as a paint job