Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Best of All Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Beginning Member
BuffettTruck is on a distinguished road
Default Best of All Worlds

When I got my '99 Jimmy three years ago, the stitching on the left side of the driver's seat (leather) was already coming undone. Since then it has gotten to the point where there is no support on the left side which doesn't do my back any good at all. Among my plans for upgrading the Jimmy, I am debating on reupholstering the current seats, getting heated seats from a Bravada or getting heated seats from a Bravada and getting them reupholstered. Another part of my plans is adding a 35x40" Ragtop from Street Beat.

Not knowing much about upholstery, I would very likely get it professionally done, but I'd like to go in at least knowing what I am looking for fabric-wise. Between the Ragtop, Florida's brutal UV rays, Florida's frequent surprise summer afternoon storms and frequent trips to the beach, I would like to know if there is a good material that will hold up to being baked by the sun, be resistant to water and yet remain comfortable, both in the sense of feel and not burning the hell out of thighs if it has been in the summer sun.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Also, the folding back seat is a 60-40 split with the 40 on the passenger side. Did GM make a 60-40 split with the 40 on the driver's side? It's not a big issue, but I keep thinking having the two back seats separated by a console would be nice.

Last edited by BuffettTruck; 02-09-2015 at 07:14 AM.